Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuervo
    replied
    for a sec, there, didn't know if you meant LAS Vegas or Sony Vegas....hehehehe.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Vegas is good for partying, hehehe.

Leave a comment:

• Deeter2
    replied
    Exciting to see the attention that Edius was getting with its own separate booth away from Thompson GV. Also it was featured at numerous vendor stations, ie: Sony's, Pana, etc.. Guess that is the power of marketing that TGV brought to the platter. Saw many exciting new things on the pipe and was particularly interested in IPTV and transmission technology.
    Next time if anyone is bored plan on meeting with me. Had a great time with the Harris ppl and Sony (super VIP party!), as well as South American and Spanish Broadcasters.
    But you are right! Vegas is only good for NAB... would not want to live there.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Not much new. Some Cameras were interesting but no must have items. Could be the first time I have ever come home without spending a dime.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post
    First time in seven years that I couldn't attend NAB. Any TGV related news? Since Apple and Avid weren't there this would have been the perfect place to push Edius. Many interesting camcorders on the way, so which one to buy? Thanks in advance for your input!
    I wished I had stayed home. A pretty much boring show. GV did take advantage of the absence of Apple and Avid. The Edius, and Thompson Grass Valley name was everywhere, and I do mean everywhere.
    Vegas is crowded and heavily congested. But that is a whole 'nother story.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    It was good, but nothing exciting (for me at least) besides the price drop of the HPX500.

TGV booths were huge, and lots of people were at the EDIUS booth wednesday.

HPX170 looked like good cam. EX3 was nice and all, but it doesn't justify the $13k price tag. I think Sony needs to evaluate what they're shooting for with this cam.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    started a topic How was NAB?

How was NAB?

First time in seven years that I couldn't attend NAB. Any TGV related news? Since Apple and Avid weren't there this would have been the perfect place to push Edius. Many interesting camcorders on the way, so which one to buy? Thanks in advance for your input!
Working...
X