X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterC
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    btw, where do you see the date time stamp info in your case?

in my case I only see date and time in hours and minutes, but no seconds
    (Alt+Enter, video tab, near top)
    G'day Anton
    For me with DVCAM, camera menu set to Data Code, you will get all the info you need in the clip properties of a captured clip using Edius with split at record timecode etc set in your capture preferences.

Gives you the time you stopped to go to the loo, and i think which one that was and where...........

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    btw, where do you see the date time stamp info in your case?

in my case I only see date and time in hours and minutes, but no seconds
    (Alt+Enter, video tab, near top)

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Hi Dave

I have everything set as you say and it does not work

however it works if I leave a frame of black in between each clip on timeline

however, these black frames are also captured

maybe the SP broadcast works different to NX?

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Anton when you record to DVCAM/DV, the hour/sec/date is recorded to the stream as well as the TC. We don't use Free Run either, but the time second changes, so this is when it comes in handy as each shot has it's own time/date stamp. When you record time stamped material back to tape, the date/time is retained, so when you recapture, it splits the clips as it would if you were capturing from the original tape. I tried this 3 times in a row with different footage, works everytime. DSR25 should work as good as the DSR11. Checking the properties of the files captured back from the second generation tape, the rec date and time are the same as the one from the tape.

Uncheck everything except the last item in divide files. Hopefully your cameras are setup correctly for the time/date.

Also try to capture with SCLive.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I will do just that, thanks

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Try the black in between. This will generate a timecode break because the black does not have original timecode.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Update:

Scene splitting works! You have to enable "When the recorded time data changes" under the divide files option in EDIUS. Leave everything else off (Or only leave Timecode break on too if you plan to have different time code as well).

So Anton, I think you didn't enable this option in the first place. If you record with "free run" enabled, you shouldn't need to use the time option as free run recorded footage always has different timecode after each shot and does not follow through the previous shot.

HPX500 here we come :)
    I had "When the recorded time data changes" selected and it did not work

the reason it did not work is because my camera is not set to free run TC, meaning there is no change in timecode that edius can detect at scene changes

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Update #2:

DV mode works as well! No need for DVCAM. Under the DSR11 menu, I enabled DVCAM mode, then chose external TC...went back and changed REC mode to DV. I dumped back clips from the EDIUS timeline (Making sure I am using clip TC) to DVCAM tape and recorded as DV, and then recaptured and all clips were divided correctly. I overlayed them on top of the original clips and there is zero difference in quality and cut points!

Also SCLive is working perfectly with this test tape. It divided everything in correct order!

Great to see EDIUS handles such a task with ease...not sure any NLE would do this with ease or at all.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Update:

Scene splitting works! You have to enable "When the recorded time data changes" under the divide files option in EDIUS. Leave everything else off (Or only leave Timecode break on too if you plan to have different time code as well).

So Anton, I think you didn't enable this option in the first place. If you record with "free run" enabled, you shouldn't need to use the time option as free run recorded footage always has different timecode after each shot and does not follow through the previous shot.

HPX500 here we come :)
    Last edited by STORMDAVE; 04-19-2008, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Ussually I capture to one file. But lets try this put 1 sec of black between the clips .
    Black does not have orginal time code. so it will constitute as a tc break.
    Now in the splitting options select tc break.

I will try this here and let you know.
    BTW export has to be source tc. To be precise go to playback in settings and put the output timecode to Source time code.

I will let you know how this goes in a few minutes. Decks are being used can you try it?

Steve
    Last edited by SRsupport; 04-18-2008, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Steve are you sure you were able to export to DVCAM tape with TC options, then re-capture the tape and have the scenes split in EDIUS or SCLive?

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Dave is correct I think all the dvcam machines drs 11 up have the ability to accept incoming time code.
    Very easy. Menu tc to external.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I've used a DSR25, the TC options are inside the menu. DSR11 also has this feature...

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Stormdave,

Sorry - I jumped the gun here :-). Didn't read the part in brackets ...

Okay - you have a point then ... if you don't care about metadata, yes - DVCAM will work as well.

I have a DSR25 here - I can't see any switches to set TC to internal or external. Haven't really paid attention to this aspect at all. All I know is the machine generates its own TC regardless of what I specify on EDIUS.

I do know I can force the recorder to record either normal DV or DVCAM mode.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Tingsern,

I said:

64GB (what I plan to get when it comes out) P2 card
    ...it's not out yet.

I don't really care much about metadata for DVCPRO25 footage...

Reasons why I want to backup to DVCAM tapes:

1) They're cheap
    2) We're used to it
    3) It's good for archiving
    4) They are reusable

Now if this was DVCPROHD footage, obviously I would have to backup to hard drives etc and the metadata would be kept as well.

Seems that I will lose the TC capability here, I will be experimenting today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X