X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Vobes View Post
    Just spotted the update, so will definitely try it out. I couldn't get the mpg to play this end for some reason. Maybe the be the admin PC!

Thanks all for your help!

Richard
    right click the link I posted, save target as, once it is on PC, it will play

clicking the link will not work if using IE7, it blocks mpg by default

clicking the link will work with IE6 or earlier and Firefox2

I will post a link to the Canopus DV file shortly

Leave a comment:

• peterC
    replied
    Originally posted by Vobes View Post
    Just spotted the update, so will definitely try it out. I couldn't get the mpg to play this end for some reason. Maybe the be the admin PC!

Richard
    Try it with Nero ShowTime if you have it. That does it.

Leave a comment:

• Vobes
    replied

Richard

Leave a comment:

• peterC
    replied
    Ok, had a look Anton.

Looks like I was on the right track, pretty good for post PF to me. What about your eye - good enough?

And thanks for testing the idea. Hope the original poster can use it.
    Last edited by peterC; 04-19-2008, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• peterC
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    here is what it looks like when going from 3D PIP 104% and soft focus filter on A clip and to B clip on higher track with dissolve on keyer track
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...focus-pull.mpg

basically, add a cut in clip and move the right section up a track and overlap by stretching its in point towards left
    Couldn't get this to run Anton.
    WMP9
    Will try another next time it's on
    Last edited by peterC; 04-19-2008, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    here is what it looks like when going from 3D PIP 104% and soft focus filter on A clip and to B clip on higher track with dissolve on keyer track
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...focus-pull.mpg

basically, add a cut in clip and move the right section up a track and overlap by stretching its in point towards left

Leave a comment:

• peterC
    replied
    to get that feel of the focus ring turning.
    Yes I was thinking about this since I posted, but haven't tried it.

I would like to test a combo of what I have already suggested (with soft focus - not blur) + an additional clip 3DPIP slightly enlarged on IN (working in unison with the soft focus to nothing trs) coming back down to scale of the other image/track. You would really need to play with it to see if it would work, but it may.

Even the Alpha with a slow swirl soft edge, no edge colour could go in I think.

Leave a comment:

• mattmatt
    replied
    Your best bet is "Lense Blur" in AE - but it's never going to look as good as the real thing. PeterC's way is how I do it too...but make sure you use "smooth blur" and not plain old "blur".

Leave a comment:

• Vobes
    replied
    Thanks, I will have a play, although I may have to export these short of shoots to AE to get that feel of the focus ring turning.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• peterC
    replied
    I go a little differently to Anton.
    From memory, add the blend filter to the whole clip and keyframe the blur in to out dur on 1 and 'go to nothing' as the second filter option.......but to achieve a near pull focus 'look' might need some tweaking.

Re the 'look'
    You may want to try soft focus as an alternative to blur.
    Last edited by peterC; 04-16-2008, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vobes
    replied
    Hi Anton, thanks for this. I did try the first, but its really a dissolve between the two. The second seems to also fade out the blur with the normal (sharp) footage underneath.

What I am after is a genuine focusing effect. Very ofton due to lighting conditions, lack of time or more often lack of thought, I haven't shot a pull focus on say the flower in the original example, or if I have it wasn't very good.

I can take the shot into After Effects or Combustion and do it a piece of cake, but I was suprised that some thing as powerful of Edius didn't appear to allow for this simple effect.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    2 easy ways

1. cut the clip in the middle and add blur to left half, then add dissolve and make the dissolve as long as you like

2. add the blend filter to entire clip, add blur filter as filter1 and nothing as filter2

Leave a comment:

• Vobes
    started a topic Blur to sharpen filter?

Blur to sharpen filter?

Hi all, new user here...

My question is this, I want to take a piece of footage, say of a flower, and add a filter to make it burred to start with and over a few seconds sharpen. I know how to do this in other NLE apps like Premiere with key frames. I can't seem to acheive this in Edius. I can add the Blur filter to the whole clip, but there doesn't appear to be any keyframe adjustment. I can't believe this is unavailable so have headed to the forums for help!

many thanks
Working...
X