X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    how much buffer do you see at the bottom of timeline while playing

be sure the audio mixer is closed to avoid running 0 buffer and you may get choppy playback

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    re

Yes, I do have audio waveforms displayed.

I spoke to the guy and he said it happens all the time in his editing place and he knows it's only a hardware issue. He gave me a few solutions which work for them and if they work, I will post them here.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Another question... do you have audio waveforms displayed? I'm wondering if maybe there's some problem in the audio waveform display/storage/retrieval for those streams...

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    re

Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
    I experienced these exact symptoms when inputting a mini DV tape on a Panasonic deck.
    I put the tape into the camcorder it was recorded on and was able to input perfectly.
    I put it down to a machine differences.
    Stereodesign, What you're talking about is different. I know what your talking about because I had the same issue when capturing from a camera different from the one recorded on... The thing is, when THAT happened, I would see choppy video being CAPTURED. This means, it was perminately choppy and I also ended up solving this by capturing from the same camera recorded from.

My problem now is that when I open EDIUS, it's fine for about 10 15 minutes and then BAM - it becomes chopy (one camera). Not only that.... ONLY the clip I'm on (playing) gets choppy.... if I scrub to the next cut, that clip is fine too! (From SAME camera) Then also THIS clip is fine for about 10 minutes of playing and BAM - it gets choppy.

GrassValley_BH, what you're saying is interesting too.... It seems that this problem is only happening on the Panisonic filmed footage, which might mean a machine difference problem...

Anyway, someone I know from this forum has emailed me that he knows what the problem is and can help me and that I should call him. I will call him today and if this issue gets resolved, I will surely post the solution here!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    So this is happening to footage on different drives, but all that footage is from the same camera?

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied
    I experienced these exact symptoms when inputting a mini DV tape on a Panasonic deck.
    I put the tape into the camcorder it was recorded on and was able to input perfectly.
    I put it down to a machine differences.

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    re

Footage looks great in Exporer (media player).

This is happining to footage from different drives, so it's hard to bealive that they all went bad at once.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Check explorer like Anton suggests, also try copying the file(s) to a different drive. This could be the sign of a drive developing bad sectors and reallocating (which will interrupt the stream).

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    how does the footage look in windows explorer?

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    re

I'm not so concerned about the external monitor. It's connected via firewire through a Sony HDV video device.

I think If the heads were dirty, it would be blocky at ALL times and wouldn't clear up each time I restarted Edius.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    how is the external monitor connected? Storm Card? NX card? SP card? or via a firewire connected device?

how does the footage look in windows explorer? does it look blocky? maybe the camera had a dirty head

Leave a comment:

• zvit
    replied
    re

1. The external monitor shows the blocks too.

2. I did that video card test and the results were good, but it wasn't testing the canopus card, but the Radeon card. I use the canopus card whem editing, so I don't know how to test that. (no options in the program)

I don't think it's over heating because if it were... why would only ONE of the cameras be blocky? If the video card overheated and as a result showed blocky footage, ALL footage should show blocky, don't you think?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Blast1
    replied
    If testing the video card doesn't produce any results, try running a memory test and also a surface scan on the hard drives you are using for the project.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    does the clip look ok on an external monitor?

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    It sounds like your video card may be overheating, make sure the fan is running. Are you overclocking your system?

Try running this video card stress test to see if your system can complete it without crashing or corrupting the display.

http://freestone-group.com/video-car...ility-test.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X