Can the DV Storm2 edit DVCPro 50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the DV Storm2 edit DVCPro 50?

Just wondered if it would accelerate this format.

Thanks
    Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Nope, DV/DVCAM (25 Mbps) only.

Comment

If you have EDIUS Broadcast, you can load DVCPRO50 clips on a DV timeline and edit, but no acceleration will be done via DVStorm.

Comment

I am loading footage on Edius 4.0 from a Sony FX1 (HD downconverted to SD) through my Storm card. Will this give me any problems?

Comment

Thank you!
          Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            I am loading footage on Edius 4.0 from a Sony FX1 (HD downconverted to SD) through my Storm card. Will this give me any problems?
            No, but DVStorm does not support HD at all, so you have to preview via SD monitor. Also your computer has to be fast enough to edit .m2t files (If you are not using Canopus HQ).

If you want HD preview, get an NX Express, great card set.

Comment

I am not expecting HD support. I am downconverting to SD, but I do want to keep the 16:9 aspect ratio. I was encoding the Mpeg file for DVD off the Storm timeline when I was editing 4:3? Can I encode from a 16:9 timeline and retain the wide aspect ratio in Storm?

Comment

That has nothing to do withe the strom as it just passe the info along. It is not an aspect ratio converter.
                You put 16:9 in you can get it out unless you tell the software to make it 4:3.

Steve
                Steve
                EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                  Nope, DV/DVCAM (25 Mbps) only.
                  Really? But isn't DV = 4:1:1 and DVCPro50 = 4:2:2 with both having the same resolution?

If you have a DVStorm2 card with component out (for 4:2:2 preview) along with Edius which edits in 4:2:2. Really you just don't use the DVStorm's firewire port for capture or recording. But the original question asks about "EDIT" with the DVStorm and DVCPro50 media, therefore I would say YES.

I use IEEE-1394 for HDV (which is much higher res then DVPro50) capture edit with system (all in RT) and output to DVD.

...Angelo
                  Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
                  System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

So you made your own storm dvcpro 50 hardware profile with 4 channel audio right?

Can you please share it.? he he

The question was acceleration.
                    The storm does not have a dvcpro 50 chip on it.
                    It has a dv chip on it that is why the answer is can accelerate dv only.

Get it.......... DV chip no dvcpro 50 chip?

All other canopus card are i/o cards and don't accelerate.

Steve
                    Steve
                    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Trust me, ever since the P4 Storm DV acceleration and 1394 with Edius was very little. Now with Dual and Quad Core processors Storm acceleration doesn't exist. Get a P3 system, and the Storm will smoke the 1394 but todays system there is no difference with Edius.

The main advantage with Storm with component card is perfect sync to external AV equipment and timeline all with 4:2:2 preview and editing.

Using the Storm with Edius is very productive for SD editing with today's systems with many PIPs and audio tracks in RT.

...Angelo
                      Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
                      System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo View Post
                        Really? But isn't DV = 4:1:1 and DVCPro50 = 4:2:2 with both having the same resolution?

If you have a DVStorm2 card with component out (for 4:2:2 preview) along with Edius which edits in 4:2:2. Really you just don't use the DVStorm's firewire port for capture or recording. But the original question asks about "EDIT" with the DVStorm and DVCPro50 media, therefore I would say YES.

I use IEEE-1394 for HDV (which is much higher res then DVPro50) capture edit with system (all in RT) and output to DVD.

...Angelo

When you capture it is capturing DV 4:1:1 so it is being down sampled.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X