• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    [QUOTE=Bassman;34927]
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Before this thread gets locked down due to offtopic (?) I just wanted to mention that the HPX500 is now $8,000 after rebate (without the lens)...so think hard before investing in a EX3 :)
    QUOTE]

I hear you on that one.

That makes the HPX-500 cheaper even after buying the P2 cards than the EX3 body.

To me, this is the best news out of NAB this year.
    you will need a HD lens for the HPX-500 and that will set you back $10K

then you need Anton Bauer batteries and charger, another $5k

then you will need P2 cards, another $3k to $9k

then ideally you will need a 5 slot P2 card reader that you can mount in PC another $3k

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Before this thread gets locked down due to offtopic (?) I just wanted to mention that the HPX500 is now $8,000 after rebate (without the lens)...so think hard before investing in a EX3 :)
    I hear you on that one.

That makes the HPX-500 cheaper even after buying the P2 cards than the EX3 body.

To me, this is the best news out of NAB this year.

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    replied
    Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
    Sorry, it was a pathetic attempt at humour as this is an Edius forum and not a camcorder forum. My mistake :)
    Hehe - you may just have saved this thread from a lockdown though :-)

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied

We're seriously considering this cam...I'll be at NAB tomorrow to check what else is new.

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    From what I can determine (being at the NAB Sony Booth), yes, it's supported.
    Sorry, it was a pathetic attempt at humour as this is an Edius forum and not a camcorder forum. My mistake :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Does it work with Edius?
    From what I can determine (being at the NAB Sony Booth), yes, it's supported.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    See the differences here yourself...

http://www.vimeo.com/882030
    from the Man himself.

Maybe out in July.

Definitely works in Edius Broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    replied
    Does it work with Edius?
    The EX1 and EX3 are the same technology AFAIK and therefore both work directly within Edius 4.6(Broadcast), with no conversion. Just copy the clips from the SxS cards onto the Hard Disk, or via USB (slower). I can even play clips directly off the Memory card inside Edius, (when plugged into the ExpressCard slot in my Dell Laptop...

Leave a comment:

• hedleyw
    replied
    Originally posted by xmanflash View Post
    Does it work with Edius?

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    replied
    Originally posted by cuervo View Post
    I bought the EX1 because of its small form factor. And I have not been disappointed in that.
    Me neither - its a fantastic camera, no problems yet..

A friend of mine has done some rather nice dolly shots with an EX1 in a state forest and put them on Vimeo

Leave a comment:

• cuervo
    replied
    I bought the EX1 because of its small form factor. And I have not been disappointed in that. It's true, the EX1 has some very unfortunate issues, however, I'm very happy with mine. I see no need, whatsoever, for my uses, to drop $$$ on an EX3. Sony is developing quite a bad rep for QC. Long live the EX1. If Sony were to issue a firmware update, moving the format select from the menu to the rear thumbwheel, the EX1 would be perfect, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    I would wait because Sony has some serious quality control issues on the latest models. Ranging from the new HDV models to the ex.

I 'll wait and see what is wrong with this one. :) (Then for the send in, readjustments and firmware updates)

And btw I hate that stupid canon look. yuk

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Video
    replied
    Would not touch it based upon its design alone! My canon CAMERA all over again....back problem induced by poor camera design........

Its either shoulder OR not No half measures. I will stick with My Z1's until the solid state STATE has all balanced out.

The aquisition end is way way ahead of the delivery end in my opinion and although a blueray player will be on the top of this years christmas list for many here in the uk the uptake is nothing like it was with dvd, so I will hang on

:-)

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    started a topic Before you buy that EX1..

Before you buy that EX1..

Have you seen the EX3 ?

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...nses-34926.htm
Working...
X