Color Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Opinion

With NewBlue or built in Edius 7.0 color effects, how would you improve the color composition of this video. Expert opinions humbly requested.
    Attached Files

can you supply a full resolution still of the timeline
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Is this okay?
      Attached Files

Comment

no, I need a still image of the timeline, click the "save image as" button on timeline toolbar and choose jpg or psd
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

That image above is from the button you see I pasted here. I clicked the Create A Still Image button. That is right from the timeline, right?
          Attached Files

Comment

it appears you have layouter applied to both images in the shot

can you disable the layouter to get a still of the original size

there are two still image buttons, use the save image as and choose psd or jpg

if you don't have the button, add it in user settings

Anton-02008.png Anton-02009.png Anton-02010.png
            Anton Strauss

Comment

this is from a zoom meeting... the whole shot is inside a zoom meeting... I have not applied layouter... I don't have two separate video clips from the zoom meeting with each active speaker

am I explaining this properly?

Comment

in that case, I would duplicate the V part of the clip and place above
                then crop each clip so all outside is not altered by PCC
                then apply PCC to each clip and adjust for best results
                you will not be able to recover overexposed items like forehead

AVP-0567.png AVP-0568.png
                Anton Strauss

Comment

I would say the skin tones look a little over saturated and a bit yellow. So maybe lower the saturation either globally or pick just the skin tones with 3-way CC. Then add some blue to lower the yellow or move the color wheel a bit. You can use the 3-way CC for this as well with the middle section having the most impact. Highlight section in 2nd place.
                  Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

you can use the skin tone line on the vector scope to help you adjust skin tones.

Comment

Working...
                    X