Render and output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render and output

Hi. I'm trying to confirm what happens after I render a portion of a timeline and then output.
    Case 1) If I render portions of a timeline, and then later output to a file or a BD, will Edius re-render from the original clip? Or will it use the rendered clip?
    Case 2) If I render and add to timeline a portion of a timeline, same question - use the rendered clip or re-render from original.
    Thanks for info.
    Edius 10.3 Pro, Intel i7-5820K 3.3GHz, MSI X99s SLI plus MB, 32GB DDR4 mem, Nividia GTX 760, Win10 Pro x64, BM Intensity Shuttle for preview & capture.
    New to Edius - came from Liquid, before that 16mm film. I've been filmmaking since watching ST TOS first-run live on B&W TV

the only way the export is not reprocessed is by exporting to the same format as is set as render codec, example: render codec = HQX fine, print to file = HQX fine

however, say render codec is HQX fine and you print to file H264, the exporter re-encodes the rendered HQX file and not what is below, so export will be faster as compared to not rendered
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks Anton,
      Edius 10.3 Pro, Intel i7-5820K 3.3GHz, MSI X99s SLI plus MB, 32GB DDR4 mem, Nividia GTX 760, Win10 Pro x64, BM Intensity Shuttle for preview & capture.
      New to Edius - came from Liquid, before that 16mm film. I've been filmmaking since watching ST TOS first-run live on B&W TV

Comment

Working...
      X