Editing with a growing file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing with a growing file

I have an awards show coming up later this year that the client wants short edits appearing on social media as the event takes place. Is it possible for Edius to accept a "growing" file so it can be worked on while it's still recording? Do I need anything special as the file won't be "closed" as a traditional file would be. I have done this before by recording shorter files but it has just got a little messy, so wondered if there was a better solution.
    Matt, AdVision TV Ltd

Main System: Edius X WG 10.30 - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24 Core Processor 3.79 GHz, 64GB Ram, Win 10, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 Graphics Card

Laptop System: Edius X WG 10.30 - Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.6Ghz, 64GB RAM

This has been a feature in EDIUS for a long time. You will need EDIUS workgroup.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks Steve. Yes - I have Workgroup. So what is the correct workflow for this? I've searched for it but not found it online. I'm guessing it has to be on a network, with the show being captured with a 3rd party device and Edius just looking at the file? Will I have access to the file as it grows - or will the end point be the point it was brought into Edius?
      Matt, AdVision TV Ltd

Main System: Edius X WG 10.30 - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24 Core Processor 3.79 GHz, 64GB Ram, Win 10, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 Graphics Card

Laptop System: Edius X WG 10.30 - Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.6Ghz, 64GB RAM

Comment

This is working with Stratus and our capture devices like the T2.

IIRC correctly you could also do this over a network with 2 EDIUS workgroup systems one would capture and the other would read the file as a growing file. I have not tried it for a while.

But for a solid workflow I think it is better to rent a T2.
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X