Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius X (10.32.8750) has problems with Batchconvert of Gopro HEV265 files

Hi guys,

I'm facing now a strange issue with Edius 10.32.8750 and Gopro clips filmed in H265 (1080p). As Mercali is much quicker in stabilizing H264 files, we always batchconvert the H265 clips from the Gopro in Edius before we start cutting the videos. Right now, we identified, that some clip, out of for instance 300 clips, are not in full lenght converted. We realized this as we have seen, the GoPro Operator is filming like hell on the B-Cam, but we didn't find the full clip(lenght) in the batchconverted version of the clips. So we re-imported the original H265 clips into Edius, and there the full lenght of the clips is available. So it look like during the batch-process, that Edius is only "partly" converting the clip. We didn't get any warning or hint on this issue. We see that "all" clips are converted, but some of them have only "half" of the original clip lenght.

As i said, we are doing this in Edius, via the BIN windows, selecting all clips, right mouse click, batch convert, settings for H264 and then go. No error in render-manager is shown, no aborted clips or something else. When i look into the BiN window and Render manager everything looks fine.

Any tipps how to solve this issue, or can someone confirm similar problems?

Ciao
    Werner
    Werner Weißböck
    [SIZE="2"]X-trem production, Austria

what happens if you convert one such file that failed? does it fully encode or only half?
    also, I would batch convert to something more realtime than H264
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      what happens if you convert one such file that failed? does it fully encode or only half?
      also, I would batch convert to something more realtime than H264
      Yes, I convert to HQX(fine) // Getting intraframe (performance against diskspace).
      kurt
      HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB
      SW: WIN-10/64 PRO (22H2-19044.2130), Firefox u.a.
      NLE: EDIUS-X(10.33.9547)-WG; RESOLVE-18.1.0.0016 Studio

// Read > Test > Understand

Comment

How are you importing the files? Directly in the bin or via the source browser?
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Hi guys,

here some further information. I checked the batch encoded files which had the length error and it must happen already during the batch process that only parts of the clips get converted. Playback a "corrupt clip" via VLC or some other media player, give the same result as the imported clip in Edius. So the batch converted file is not in the full lenght exported by Edius. Import of the files work fine and doesnt influence. If the converted source isn't longer you cant import a longer clip :-)
          Also, there is no clear structure, when a batch process failed in terms of clip lenght. some are longer and some not of the corrupt ones.

Next what i tried, is to convert again a corrupt clip, not via batch convert and this worked. So i used the original H265 Clips, did a single conver with the same setting and everything was fine.

Werner Weißböck

Comment

Originally posted by X-trem production View Post
            Hi guys,

here some further information. I checked the batch encoded files which had the length error and it must happen already during the batch process that only parts of the clips get converted. Playback a "corrupt clip" via VLC or some other media player, give the same result as the imported clip in Edius. So the batch converted file is not in the full lenght exported by Edius. Import of the files work fine and doesnt influence. If the converted source isn't longer you cant import a longer clip :-)
            Also, there is no clear structure, when a batch process failed in terms of clip lenght. some are longer and some not of the corrupt ones.

Next what i tried, is to convert again a corrupt clip, not via batch convert and this worked. So i used the original H265 Clips, did a single conver with the same setting and everything was fine.

can you disable GPU decoding (hardware) in system settings, importer exporter, AVCHD and then try the batch convert

Anton-01986.png
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton, will give them a try during my next project. Once it's done I'll let you know.

Ciao
              Werner
              Werner Weißböck

Comment

Working...
              X