X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BernH
    replied
    Originally posted by burnandreturn View Post
    I have uninstalled CCleaner and that for now seems to have solved the problem. I did not have to reinstall Edius. As soon as I uninstalled CCleaner Edius would open again. Is there no way to exclude something in CCleaner to allow it to be installed on my computer? It manages all the trackers that get installed by every website that I visit. The computer that Edius is installed on gets used for many things not just editing.
    I have CCleaner (free version) installed on my system and have no problems. However, I don't let it run in the background.

If I think it's time to do a heavy clean up my browsers and what not, I will run it. and when it's finished I kill it.

I don't go too aggressive on the cleaning, meaning that I don't let it do anything invasive to windows, such as not using the registry cleaner, driver update, performance tweaker, etc., and use it only for temp file and heavy browser garbage cleanup on a manual run and kill.

I have been working on computers for about 40 years, and almost 30 in the NLE/DAW game. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it's that, with the exception of virus and malware scanners, as a general rule, utilities that try to "think for you" or monitor your system and proactively take action about something, generally cause more problems in an NLE system than a general purpose computer. NLE and DAW systems often have software that work in a different way and consequently are often seen as malware or virus by these scanners.

If you must use any of these utilities, take control of them. Don't let them run in the background and take control of your system. If the utility doesn't give you the option of keeping it from running on startup, the msconfig utility built into windows can often let you disable them.

You should do the thinking, not your software.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    I think ,like Anton, I have nothing other than the OS protection ( Defender etc ) on the editing PC's. However they do nothing but edit. My oldest PC ( was my main editor years ago ) is like yours a 3770K that I only use for email and WEB browsing now, it has Malwarebytes with VPN. Honestly if it has an issue I can clean it off and restart again. Worse is I have to sign in again to forums like this. I clean out all the cookies etc once year with Spybot so then of course have to sign in again to all the places I go.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    as far as I am concerned, any Cleaner does more damage than good, I don't use any and have no issues

Leave a comment:

• burnandreturn
    replied
    I have uninstalled CCleaner and that for now seems to have solved the problem. I did not have to reinstall Edius. As soon as I uninstalled CCleaner Edius would open again. Is there no way to exclude something in CCleaner to allow it to be installed on my computer? It manages all the trackers that get installed by every website that I visit. The computer that Edius is installed on gets used for many things not just editing.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I think uninstalling CCleaner should take care of your issue in the future

Anton-01937.png

Leave a comment:

• burnandreturn
    replied
    It is doing it again. I have generated a report and attached it here. I hadn't tried to open Edius recently and today it would not open so I reinstalled it so I could generate the report. Maybe you will see something. EdiusSystemReport-20220724-121652.zip

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I like the Shiraz or "Syrah" type as it is labelled in France

in other words, full bodied red
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-16-2022, 03:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burnandreturn
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I was kidding about sending me wine, we have plenty wine here
    I know you were kidding but I will send you some wine anyway. So you might tell me what you like or you might get crap wine. I don't know anything about wine. Lets face it Aussie wine can't compete with French wine. spoken by someone that doesn't have a clue about either country!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I was kidding about sending me wine, we have plenty wine here

Leave a comment:

• burnandreturn
    replied
    I downloaded from the link you gave me Anton. It seems to be working now. I installed it earlier and just now it would open up as usual. Thank you. What kind of red wine do you like. I live in the corner of Germany direct on the border to Switzerland and France. I could send you a nice red wine from France if you like. Just tell me what you like. Seriously, you are always very helpful to me. I get much more relevant help from you than I get from my reseller here in Germany.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    also, open EDIUS and in help menu, generate a system report, then attach it here, I will be able to see the LM version you have

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I can only think that you may have a corrupt download that has the wrong LM
    If the below fails, can you show me screenshots of all programs installed in cpanel, uninstall programs (alphabetical order)

Can you try this download
    https://www.edius.net/download/edius9.zip

Leave a comment:

• burnandreturn
    replied
    I did a complete uninstall. I even went into the registry and deleted everything Edius related. I followed the instructions for a new install several times. I can start Edius if I close it down and restart right away. If I wait and come back after a few hours I get the message again that I don't have the latest license manager. Attached is a grab of the message box.
    edius error message.jpg

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    uninstall EDIUS and deactivate
    uninstall Mync (no need to deactivate as it is already)
    uninstall Grass Valley License Manager, make sure there are not two, if so, uninstall both
    delete anything that starts with GV in the FLEXnet folder of Program Data
    restart PC
    empty appdata/local/Temp
    install EDIUS and activate

AVP-0528.png

Leave a comment:

• burnandreturn
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

that is the version I have and it does not complain about LM. Is yours Pro or WG?
    WG is the version I am using.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X