No announcement yet.

Error message: GV license manager is not current

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded from the link you gave me Anton. It seems to be working now. I installed it earlier and just now it would open up as usual. Thank you. What kind of red wine do you like. I live in the corner of Germany direct on the border to Switzerland and France. I could send you a nice red wine from France if you like. Just tell me what you like. Seriously, you are always very helpful to me. I get much more relevant help from you than I get from my reseller here in Germany.
    Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

I was kidding about sending me wine, we have plenty wine here
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        I was kidding about sending me wine, we have plenty wine here
        I know you were kidding but I will send you some wine anyway. So you might tell me what you like or you might get crap wine. I don't know anything about wine. Lets face it Aussie wine can't compete with French wine. spoken by someone that doesn't have a clue about either country!
        Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

I like the Shiraz or "Syrah" type as it is labelled in France

in other words, full bodied red
          Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-16-2022, 04:55 AM.
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

It is doing it again. I have generated a report and attached it here. I hadn't tried to open Edius recently and today it would not open so I reinstalled it so I could generate the report. Maybe you will see something. EdiusSystemReport-20220724-121652.zip

Comment

I think uninstalling CCleaner should take care of your issue in the future

Anton-01937.png
              Anton Strauss

Comment

I have uninstalled CCleaner and that for now seems to have solved the problem. I did not have to reinstall Edius. As soon as I uninstalled CCleaner Edius would open again. Is there no way to exclude something in CCleaner to allow it to be installed on my computer? It manages all the trackers that get installed by every website that I visit. The computer that Edius is installed on gets used for many things not just editing.

Comment

as far as I am concerned, any Cleaner does more damage than good, I don't use any and have no issues
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

I think ,like Anton, I have nothing other than the OS protection ( Defender etc ) on the editing PC's. However they do nothing but edit. My oldest PC ( was my main editor years ago ) is like yours a 3770K that I only use for email and WEB browsing now, it has Malwarebytes with VPN. Honestly if it has an issue I can clean it off and restart again. Worse is I have to sign in again to forums like this. I clean out all the cookies etc once year with Spybot so then of course have to sign in again to all the places I go.
                    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by burnandreturn View Post
                      I have uninstalled CCleaner and that for now seems to have solved the problem. I did not have to reinstall Edius. As soon as I uninstalled CCleaner Edius would open again. Is there no way to exclude something in CCleaner to allow it to be installed on my computer? It manages all the trackers that get installed by every website that I visit. The computer that Edius is installed on gets used for many things not just editing.
                      I have CCleaner (free version) installed on my system and have no problems. However, I don't let it run in the background.

If I think it's time to do a heavy clean up my browsers and what not, I will run it. and when it's finished I kill it.

I don't go too aggressive on the cleaning, meaning that I don't let it do anything invasive to windows, such as not using the registry cleaner, driver update, performance tweaker, etc., and use it only for temp file and heavy browser garbage cleanup on a manual run and kill.

I have been working on computers for about 40 years, and almost 30 in the NLE/DAW game. If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it's that, with the exception of virus and malware scanners, as a general rule, utilities that try to "think for you" or monitor your system and proactively take action about something, generally cause more problems in an NLE system than a general purpose computer. NLE and DAW systems often have software that work in a different way and consequently are often seen as malware or virus by these scanners.

If you must use any of these utilities, take control of them. Don't let them run in the background and take control of your system. If the utility doesn't give you the option of keeping it from running on startup, the msconfig utility built into windows can often let you disable them.

You should do the thinking, not your software.
                      Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Working...
                      X