Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taming Moire patterning on an animated still.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I applied 90x1 motion blur in Photoshop to the image you sent and then I created the same layouter moves as you did in the mp4 you sent and there wan no Moire at all
    Wow so simple and so effective. That works brilliantly - I will charge the client a consultancy fee of a case of Red and give you ALL of the credit and NONE of the wine.
    Seriously Thanks for the help. The mission is now over and I can get back to a PIA Dance School Show who we did a 5 camera show shoot for (just as we did pre-pandemic) and when the Principal saw a preview of the multicam edit said she wanted 95% wide lock off. One for the lounge!

Comment

Please send the Red and keep the credit to yourself
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Resample the pic in Photoshop to increase the resolution to 600DPI - no moire

Still have jagged diagonals though it's an 8bit 4:4:4 image but highly compressed (image size I would want to work with is 2-4Mbytes not 317KB).

Mike
        Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Originally posted by createmedia View Post
          Resample the pic in Photoshop to increase the resolution to 600DPI - no moire

Still have jagged diagonals though it's an 8bit 4:4:4 image but highly compressed (image size I would want to work with is 2-4Mbytes not 317KB).

Mike
          Not sure where you get 317KB from? The crops I posted were to show the inherent issue. The pic I had was1619x1080 @240 with a file size of 2.02 MB. that said I was talking to a photographer colleague who said that the camera used (from Properties) was a Canon EOS R5 which has built in Anti-Alias should produce a much higher quality pic so someone has been "at it". Maybe they use a Pro, maybe they take the pics themselves...investigations re-opened (sounds familiar in the UK).
          BTW Hope you are keeping well.

Comment

Working...
          X