No announcement yet.

Edius X Version 10.30.8291 having issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noafilm Thank you for the updated. I will do a re-install and see what happen.
    EDIUS X WG 10.31.xxxx Windows 11 home 21H2
    Asus ROG Z690-Plus i9-12900K 3.19GHz 32GB RAM Graphic GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GIG

Comment

Hello,

Since latest update I have been having issues with exporter - No job will start. Sit there in Job Monitor at 0% - Firewall & AntiVirus all set as suggested - Reinstalled with Virus disabled. Have had to cancel jobs - try again different clips. Tried deleting Temp Edge Webview2 as per other posts.

[Edited >>]
      I should add to above that after installation on Jan. 5th problems started so I searched the forum. I had made changes mentioned above over three days and had some successful exports on the 8th & 9th Jan. then not sure what changed but since then jobs do not start - 0%.

Hmm What am I doing wrong? 0% TIA for any tips.

Kind regards,

Andrew
      GIGABYTE P57 Laptop Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz - Intel® HD Graphics 530 - M$ Windoze 10 Pro (64-bit) Version (Build) 21H1 (10.0.19043) - Intel® HD Graphics 530 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M
      Last edited by DV_BoAB; 01-12-2022, 04:56 PM.
      DV_BoAB @ Kununurra Museum
      http://www.kununurra.org.au
      GV Edius Pro 8.x Gigabyte P57K Laptop 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ [email protected] GHz with PCIe, 106 GB SSD, 2 TB HD, 16GB DDR4 memory, VGA (D-Sub), USB 3.1 Type-C (4k DV output), HDMI 2.0, HDMI Mini, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M with 2 GB GDDR5, Swappable ODD-HDD Slot (1) removable DVD Writer (2) BluRay removable drive (Need! A swappable 2TB SSD)

Comment

Have you got AVG installed? if so you need to add the Grass Valley folders to the exceptions in AVG.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thanks Dave - I edited my post then saw this. No AVG
          GV Edius Pro 8.x Gigabyte P57K Laptop 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ [email protected] GHz with PCIe, 106 GB SSD, 2 TB HD, 16GB DDR4 memory, VGA (D-Sub), USB 3.1 Type-C (4k DV output), HDMI 2.0, HDMI Mini, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M with 2 GB GDDR5, Swappable ODD-HDD Slot (1) removable DVD Writer (2) BluRay removable drive (Need! A swappable 2TB SSD)

Comment

I just mentioned it because it happened to me again today on another system and simply adding to AVG and restarting the system cured it. Presumably there is not error message coming up with the renders that do not work. Do you have any plug-ins installed? Or any missing on the timeline? Do you get the same with just one clip on the timeline which you then export? Does it no matter what format you try to encode? Other other things like generation waveform cache files working?
            Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
            Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
              I just mentioned it because it happened to me again today on another system and simply adding to AVG and restarting the system cured it. Presumably there is not error message coming up with the renders that do not work. Do you have any plug-ins installed? Or any missing on the timeline? Do you get the same with just one clip on the timeline which you then export? Does it no matter what format you try to encode? Other other things like generation waveform cache files working?
              Thanks Dave, After you mentioned it I did go into software I have installed called CCleaner and made exceptions for the Edius folders etc. tried again but no change. True that there is no error message in fact there is no notification (checked) that comes up - That seems random anyway with notifications appearing a long time after something starts rendering - when job export is working that is. The only plugins are the plugins that were added free for version X. How can you tell if something is missing from the timeline and I'd say no because answering your next question, no it is not just one clip - tried a smaller clip with no issues and same. I have just been using HVC4 to 4K or HD mp4 but will try something else. Last render I grabbed a screenshot and there are two files one is a waveform cache and it is the same sitting there at 0%. Will try a few things now and see what happens. May just try another re-install. TIA

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Comment

I did not get to re-install Edius. I never usually use "Batch Export" but yesterday I lined up the file I have been trying to export and the smaller clip mentioned in last post, then just after I wrote that last post I decided to try executing the batch, 1st ever. Well it said there were 4 x offline clips and named them which does not happen with a single file export. I was surprised as this was the first time I had seen this dialogue that names the offline clips I have had a devil of a job to try and find. At any rate the batch export seems to now be working with the first of the two files now at 28% in the Bin - Job tab. I will try a single after this. Perhaps the CCleaner changes last night and the hard reboot this morning have made a difference or is this just the "batch" working? Will the single job export work? I will wait until these files finish then try a single file export and let you know.

Comment

OK - Batch worked then tried single file export and all is fine, so because I did nothing new today I am suspecting that CCleaner may have been the culprit with a big maybe? I guess no way of knowing until another user has similar problem. Who knows but very happy to have all back to normal. Thanks anyway for advice. Sorted!

Comment

I would never use a registry cleaner
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                      I would never use a registry cleaner
                      I got the CCleaner software originally to save a hard drive (full of DV video Edius related) with Recuva (part of that sw) and did so successfully to a drive that was not readable at all for weeks - I was wrapped to get it all back. So last year after paying for this sw I installed options as Recuva is just part of the CCleaner bundle.

This does have a "Registry Cleaner" that I've never used or have knowledge of when to use anyway, so there but not used.

The thing is after success I decided to see if I could see what made the Edius export work? CCleaner change or something else?

So I have just removed the exceptions in CCleaner and job export is all still working, so it was not that anyway. I then realised that yesterday I DID perform another action - also in the CCleaner software - there are various options - Health Check - Custom Clean - Driver Updater - Registry - Tools - Options.

I remembered that last night I also did a "Custom Clean" using the same software mentioned CCleaner (only because I'd opened that sw and saw it there) - I will attach an image of what it "cleans" so this may be the reason it worked by cleaning up all browser and system temp and caches eg. Edge related? See image.

There is one other possibility I remember doing last night (that fixed the 0% Render problem before cold reboot and all worked this morning) which was via two additional "exclusions" I made in M$ Defender - So will try disallowing them to see if problem comes back - The exceptions I added were - Process - "EHRenderEngine.exe" & Process "EHRenderWorker.exe" (just thought I'd try it). So here goes will remove these last mentioned exclusions from M$ Defender now, reboot and try a render.

Did that and all is still working, so my thoughts now are that it was the cache clean that fixed it. (IMHO :^)

Kind regards,

Andrew 2022-01-12 - Edius X Pro Upgrade_10.3x JOBS not starting from Export_10.jpg

Comment

Those last two exclusions are something we normally do. I normally exclude the whole grass valley folder myself.

Comment

Those last two exclusions are something we normally do. I normally exclude the whole grass valley folder myself.
                          Thanks Dave and I had made the normal three required (folder) exclusions but decided to just try the actual "process" option even though the exe is in that folder already excluded. The thing is it did nothing anyway - as it was likely already excluded as it was already in the folder exclusion.

I am just happy that after three days of frustration trial and error that Edius X is back and rendering. Next issue like this will try the one click "custom clean" (as per image above) solution first!

Kind regards,

Andrew
                          2022-01-12 - Edius X Pro Upgrade_10.3x JOBS not starting from Export_5.jpg

Comment

Like Anton I do not trust registry cleaners. Hopefully it does not come back as an issue because we are not really clear on what fixed it.

As far as Anti-virus goes I tend to use AVaast free and have not have problems (all folders excluded in Avaast). That is why it is odd that AVG free had a problem since AVG is now owned by Avaast so they are almost the same.I don't tend to just rely on the built-in Windows defender. Of course as you have it working now you probably don't want to change anything.

Comment

Like Anton I do not trust registry cleaners. Hopefully it does not come back as an issue because we are not really clear on what fixed it.

As far as Anti-virus goes I tend to use AVaast free and have not have problems (all folders excluded in Avaast). That is why it is odd that AVG free had a problem since AVG is now owned by Avaast so they are almost the same.I don't tend to just rely on the built-in Windows defender. Of course as you have it working now you probably don't want to change anything.
                              As far as I am concerned I was very clear on what [I believe] fixed it. As I said I do not use the Registry Cleaner part of the software. AVG? No just M$ Defender and happy with that. [so far]

And now back with egg on my face because it is back, after about ten successful renders, it has suddenly gone back to endless 0% with render job just not starting. Tried all of the same things that seemed to fix it, but no go. So David Clarke, when you said "Hopefully it does not come back as an issue because we are not really clear on what fixed it." - You were spot on - It has come back and still no idea how it was fixed temporarily.

Back to square 1
                              Last edited by DV_BoAB; 01-13-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I am no longer seeing the Job monitor in Edius X version v10.30.8291, no anti-virus software running on PC but MS defender (the station network does have anti-virus, but our IT dept. controls this).

Comment

• DV_BoAB
                                  DV_BoAB commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Is it accessible by all three methods 1 on the bin window "Job" tab? Lower LHS & 2 via Tools Menu OR - 3. Start an export with "Add to Bin" ticked then check the last item in the bin window for showing %age of the render completed?
                                  Last edited by DV_BoAB; 01-13-2022, 05:09 PM.
                              Working...
                              X