Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Clarke
    replied
    I'll leave it to Pat to sort you out. He will be better at it than me.

Leave a comment:

• Dave M
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Dave (enjoy your tutorials BTW) Edius X Workgroup (will not load anything from the SANs drive, but only an issue in Edius X) using mostly XAVC and AVCHD files.

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    Dave I will send you a PM

Leave a comment:

• Dave M
    replied
    Same problem Pat, please delet the past 3 posts as they refected past issues (although the network drive seems to be most the problem) Also wonder if I can modify the current configured?

Leave a comment:

• David Clarke
    replied
    What is the format and codec of the footage? Is it DNxHD Mov files and are you using EDIUS Pro or Workgroup? EDIUS Pro X cannot load Avid DNx MOVs which you could load in previous versions if you installed the Avid QuickTime codecs so this may be the issue if the video files are DNx MOV. You cannot get EDIUS Pro X to load them either since it no longer uses QuickTime for Windows (just like every other current editing program).
    If they are not Avid codec what are they? Is it just video filesthat do not load, i.e. can you load stills and audio clips ok from the SAN?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    Is this not the same problem you have had in your other posts or is there something new? Since you are a TV station, have you opened a ticket with Grass Valley Support?

Leave a comment:

• Dave M
    replied
    How is Edius X using memory? CPU, Graphics Card memory and RAM? Can this be configured in the program?

Leave a comment:

• Dave M
    started a topic EDIUS X Performance issues

EDIUS X Performance issues

Every other drive loads fine in Edius X but our SANs drive. All video, audio and graphics can load directly from the SANs drive into AFX and Davinci Resolve 17 on my PC (same PC with Edius X) without a problem. Also our Edius 7 and Edius 9 workstations load media files from the SANs with out the "Codec type not supported" error. The only Program on my PC having any problem loading from the SANs is Edius X. Clearly the Codec is supported from every other drive, so that is not the issue. And yes I could move the media to another drive to edit in Edius X, but there is 5 years of footage and 14TB of infomation on pur SANs. BTW just noted that I can Save Media files to the Meta SANs drive.
Working...
X