Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• createmedia
    replied
    MP3 music file plays fine in Edius 10.3 as does your 0029.MTS with sound and waveform

Leave a comment:

• bk_numberone
    replied
    Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

Why are you using 30/60 if you are in the UK?
    Well, it's because I am mixing footage from GoPro (options of 30fps or 60fps). So I thought it'd be better to have 60fps (which can easily be reduced to 30fps) rather than 25/50. But I would normally use 25/50 when only using the Canon.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    it is always the best idea to shoot with uncompressed PCM audio instead of compressed ac3 audio which is a delivery format and not a source format

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by bk_numberone View Post
    ***UPDATE***

While setting up my Canon c100 to record the School Christmas play tomorrow, I was able to do a quick bit of testing. I found out some (hopefully) useful info.

The camera was previously set to AVCHD 24Mbps, which I get no sound in Edius. I just decided to try a different setting and lo-and-behold I get sound!

I have found that setting the camera to LPCM - either 24Mbps or 28Mbps means Edius finds the audio! This is awesome as I now don't have to set the camera to MP4 mode (limiting me to 30fps) and I can use AVCHD in 60fps. Awesome. But it still does not explain why I cannot get Edius to find the sound recorded on non LPCM modes, especially as members on here successfully have audio.

Why are you using 30/60 if you are in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• bk_numberone
    replied
    I should have thought of testing this earlier but it did not occur to me that LPCM mode was a non AC-3 format. It still does not make the previous AC-3 files work and I shall keep working on which blinking driver is messed up, however I am not a computer whizz and have got nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• bk_numberone
    replied
    ***UPDATE***

While setting up my Canon c100 to record the School Christmas play tomorrow, I was able to do a quick bit of testing. I found out some (hopefully) useful info.

The camera was previously set to AVCHD 24Mbps, which I get no sound in Edius. I just decided to try a different setting and lo-and-behold I get sound!

I have found that setting the camera to LPCM - either 24Mbps or 28Mbps means Edius finds the audio! This is awesome as I now don't have to set the camera to MP4 mode (limiting me to 30fps) and I can use AVCHD in 60fps. Awesome. But it still does not explain why I cannot get Edius to find the sound recorded on non LPCM modes, especially as members on here successfully have audio.

Hopefully the screens below will illustrate more. Does this help anyone?

Edius Screen.png

LPCM.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bk_numberone
    replied
    Thank you for your response, Anton. I will keep you updated if I get anywhere with my issue and I am investigating the missing driver. I have a lot of work on so that is why I haven't responded yet, but appreciate the help people are giving on this forum..

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Here is a link my system report. https://we.tl/t-tVwOlwz1AN

Edius X uninstalled and re-installed with a restart in the middle but no change.
    can you check device manager, there is a driver missing

also, what is the codec as seen in attached?

Anton-01610.png Anton-01611.png

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied

Edius X uninstalled and re-installed with a restart in the middle but no change.
    Any Anti Virus programs running?

Leave a comment:

• bk_numberone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    ZIP it and see if it goes below 14MB. It should upload then. If not, use Wetransfer.com and send the link to Anton.
    With both E9 and Edius X on the system, I don't know if a simple uninstall/reinstall of Edius X will solve the problem.

Leave a comment:

• bk_numberone
    replied
    Ok, I tried sending a private message to you antonsvideo but the max filesize exceeded message appeared. It is 20.5mb, how can I get it to you please?

Thanks for having a look at it.

Leave a comment:

• bk_numberone
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, can I just check is it safe attaching a system report on this forum like this? It looks pretty comprehensive, can any sensitive info be obtained from it?

• DigitalDave
    replied

Thanks, can confirm the test AC3 file will not play.

Edius imports into timeline, but not sound at all, no waveform, no signal at all. But Edius does not give any error message.
    How can I find out what error for where it is going wrong / not finding the right codec?
    We have progress - let Anton have the system report. He is the only person in the entire universe that understands them.
    BTW that clip - we could have a "Beat the intro competition" ...if you could hear it!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    some third party codec destroyed the EDIUS ac3 codec

check cpanel, uninstall programs and look for newly installed items and see if they ring a bell

your clip plays fine here in 9 and X

you can generate a system report from the EDIUS help menu and attach it here, I will have a look

also, as mentioned, an uninstall and reinstall of X may cure it, no need to deactivate when uninstalling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X