Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry
    • May 2007

Originally posted by bk_numberone
    Thank you for getting back to me. I have done a small screen-record of what happens and also of me checking the output. You can clearly hear and see that I have the right output selected as I can hear the other example MP4 file working fine.

There is no other output hardware for Edius or any recent hardware changes to the PC.

Can I ask if you have the same up-to-date Windows Service Stacks that I highlight in the video, dated 23/11/2021? 10.0.19041.1371?
    I believe this ties in with when it went wrong.

Ben
    I'm running Windows 21H2 version 19044.1348 with Edius X. It also works on Windows 21H1 19043.1348 with Edius 9.55.
    All .net frame work is the latest available for my OS's.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• DigitalDave
      • May 2007

Just a thought and probably not a good one but have you got anyway outside of Edius to convert to HQ or HQX or would you like me to convert your file and give you a link. It just appears that maybe it's the AC3 decoding that is broken.
      Have you got any AC3 audio only files?
      With regard to a ghosted C drive if you haven't got one it is too late until you get this issue sorted.

Comment

• antonsvideo
        • May 2007

what is your exact EDIUS version number?
        did you ever install any third party codec pack? they can cause issues with EDIUS
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• LewS
          • Dec 2011

Works fine here both audio and waveforms. Have you tried a re-install of Edius?
          Last edited by LewS; 11-29-2021, 11:48 PM.
          My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

• raptor9
            • Dec 2013

normalising to _12db. (Edius X 10.21.8061)
            Attached Files

Comment

• DigitalDave
              • May 2007

Originally posted by raptor9
              normalising to _12db. (Edius X 10.21.8061)
              The OP has already established he has no sound output from ANY MTS on the Edius timeline. Normalising by any amount is not going to help.

Comment

• bk_numberone
                • Nov 2021

Originally posted by DigitalDave
                Just a thought and probably not a good one but have you got anyway outside of Edius to convert to HQ or HQX or would you like me to convert your file and give you a link. It just appears that maybe it's the AC3 decoding that is broken.
                Have you got any AC3 audio only files?
                With regard to a ghosted C drive if you haven't got one it is too late until you get this issue sorted.
                Yes, thanks Dave, I am going to have to resort to converting to MP4 in order to meet editing deadlines, which I have started, but I am really hoping this issue is repeated somewhere else important so it is not just me affected and it can be rectified.

Comment

• bk_numberone
                  • Nov 2021

Originally posted by antonsvideo
                  what is your exact EDIUS version number?
                  did you ever install any third party codec pack? they can cause issues with EDIUS
                  As per my initial post, I have Edius X Version 10.21.8061
                  Also I have a full version of Edius 9.52.6384 on my system which has exactly the same issue, happened at the same time.

I will check on third party codecs, but any codecs would have been installed on my system many years ago and been running fine with Edius.

Comment

• DigitalDave
                    • May 2007

Yes, thanks Dave, I am going to have to resort to converting to MP4 in order to meet editing deadlines, which I have started, but I am really hoping this issue is repeated somewhere else important so it is not just me affected and it can be rectified.
                    Just out of interest - try this short AC3 test file on the timeline https://we.tl/t-Hudsdt3YAW It will at least prove that it is or isn't AC3 decoding.

Comment

• bk_numberone
                      • Nov 2021

Originally posted by DigitalDave
                      Just out of interest - try this short AC3 test file on the timeline https://we.tl/t-Hudsdt3YAW It will at least prove that it is or isn't AC3 decoding.
                      Thanks, can confirm the test AC3 file will not play.

Edius imports into timeline, but not sound at all, no waveform, no signal at all. But Edius does not give any error message.
                      How can I find out what error for where it is going wrong / not finding the right codec?

Comment

• antonsvideo
                        • May 2007

some third party codec destroyed the EDIUS ac3 codec

check cpanel, uninstall programs and look for newly installed items and see if they ring a bell

your clip plays fine here in 9 and X

you can generate a system report from the EDIUS help menu and attach it here, I will have a look

also, as mentioned, an uninstall and reinstall of X may cure it, no need to deactivate when uninstalling
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• bk_numberone
                          bk_numberone commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks, can I just check is it safe attaching a system report on this forum like this? It looks pretty comprehensive, can any sensitive info be obtained from it?
                      • DigitalDave
                        • May 2007

Thanks, can confirm the test AC3 file will not play.

Edius imports into timeline, but not sound at all, no waveform, no signal at all. But Edius does not give any error message.
                        How can I find out what error for where it is going wrong / not finding the right codec?
                        We have progress - let Anton have the system report. He is the only person in the entire universe that understands them.
                        BTW that clip - we could have a "Beat the intro competition" ...if you could hear it!

Comment

• bk_numberone
                          • Nov 2021

Ok, I tried sending a private message to you antonsvideo but the max filesize exceeded message appeared. It is 20.5mb, how can I get it to you please?

Thanks for having a look at it.

Comment

• Jerry
                            • May 2007

ZIP it and see if it goes below 14MB. It should upload then. If not, use Wetransfer.com and send the link to Anton.
                            With both E9 and Edius X on the system, I don't know if a simple uninstall/reinstall of Edius X will solve the problem.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• bk_numberone
                              • Nov 2021

Here is a link my system report. https://we.tl/t-tVwOlwz1AN

Edius X uninstalled and re-installed with a restart in the middle but no change.

Comment

Working...