X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I often have 50 acts per concert, no issue and not really time consuming when you set timeline markers in between dances, it is quick to identify where to set in and out and add to batch, or you can print to file right away that way export starts while you set the next ones

I find it faster than DVD authoring

Leave a comment:

• Hutch TV

• Hutch TV
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    TVs don't understand markers that are part if a file, so there would be no benefit other than maybe VLC player users

In my case, I export Dance concerts into a file per dance and the TV will auto create a nice menu from these clips on USB

be sure to number the files in a logical order that follows the concert timeline such as:

01 Name of 1st Dance
    02 Name of 2nd Dance
    03 Name of 3rd Dance
    etc.

the TV will automatically play the next file in order when one is finished
    When you've got 40 acts per concert and about 10 concerts on the go then that's a lot of fiddle. With some concerts acts Segway perfectly into others without a break or black to cut in but I get your approach and I do number the acts,finale, trophies and a concert overview 1-5.

Thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Haddock

• Haddock
    replied
    I confirm Anton procedure. This is the best way I use everyday.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo

• antonsvideo
    replied
    TVs don't understand markers that are part of a file, so there would be no benefit other than maybe VLC player users

In my case, I export Dance concerts into a file per dance and the TV will auto create a nice menu from these clips on USB

be sure to number the files in a logical order that follows the concert timeline such as:

01 Name of 1st Dance
    02 Name of 2nd Dance
    03 Name of 3rd Dance
    etc.

the TV will automatically play the next file in order when one is finished
    antonsvideo
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 11-22-2021, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hutch TV

• Timeline markers in MPEG4 straight from Edius - request GV

I produce MPEG4's for many of my customers be it sports videos or Dance concerts.

I remember the good old days of making a DVD and being able to have timeline markers appear directly in the MPEG2 video that was within the DVD, all done straight from the Edius timeline too! This meant customers watching a dance concert could easily skip around a performance and quickly locate the act they really want to watch.

I think this might be possible using handbrake but it's another step I would really rather avoid.

Any chance GV and implement in future upgrades? I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Thanks.
Working...
X