Timeline markers in MPEG4 straight from Edius - request GV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline markers in MPEG4 straight from Edius - request GV

I produce MPEG4's for many of my customers be it sports videos or Dance concerts.

I remember the good old days of making a DVD and being able to have timeline markers appear directly in the MPEG2 video that was within the DVD, all done straight from the Edius timeline too! This meant customers watching a dance concert could easily skip around a performance and quickly locate the act they really want to watch.

I think this might be possible using handbrake but it's another step I would really rather avoid.

Any chance GV and implement in future upgrades? I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Thanks.

TVs don't understand markers that are part of a file, so there would be no benefit other than maybe VLC player users

In my case, I export Dance concerts into a file per dance and the TV will auto create a nice menu from these clips on USB

be sure to number the files in a logical order that follows the concert timeline such as:

01 Name of 1st Dance
    02 Name of 2nd Dance
    03 Name of 3rd Dance
    etc.

the TV will automatically play the next file in order when one is finished
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 11-22-2021, 12:45 AM.
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I confirm Anton procedure. This is the best way I use everyday.
      Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        TVs don't understand markers that are part if a file, so there would be no benefit other than maybe VLC player users

In my case, I export Dance concerts into a file per dance and the TV will auto create a nice menu from these clips on USB

be sure to number the files in a logical order that follows the concert timeline such as:

01 Name of 1st Dance
        02 Name of 2nd Dance
        03 Name of 3rd Dance
        etc.

the TV will automatically play the next file in order when one is finished
        When you've got 40 acts per concert and about 10 concerts on the go then that's a lot of fiddle. With some concerts acts Segway perfectly into others without a break or black to cut in but I get your approach and I do number the acts,finale, trophies and a concert overview 1-5.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

I often have 50 acts per concert, no issue and not really time consuming when you set timeline markers in between dances, it is quick to identify where to set in and out and add to batch, or you can print to file right away that way export starts while you set the next ones

I find it faster than DVD authoring
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X