Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius SP with 64bit PCI = overkill; alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zorro
    replied
    Originally posted by megabit View Post
    But I also need some HW acceleration for editing (I have a 50" HDTV hung above my PC monitor for 2-monitor editing). My questions are:
    Neither the NX nor the SP will accelerate anything when editing in HD. They provide 1080i output. To accelerate HD editing please buy the fastest CPU you can afford and use fast harddisks in a Raid 0 setup.

Leave a comment:

• megabit
    replied
    Thanks, STORMDAVE, but two PCIe cards would also require replacing my mobo (the slots on the Asus are very close to each other, and even though I only am using 2 currently, of the remaining 2 only one is accessible).

Doesn't Canopus offer a single PCIe card for HD accelerated output only?

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    You should be fine with the NX Express (2 PCIe cards)...The only thing the SP has on top of the NX is standard def component in, Professional VTR control, BNC in/out, and balanced XLR connections.

Leave a comment:

• megabit
    started a topic Edius SP with 64bit PCI = overkill; alternatives?

Edius SP with 64bit PCI = overkill; alternatives?

Hi, I am seeking advice on the following. Having the Sony PMW-EX1, I need the XDCAM EX support that Edius Broadcast offers (I used the TBYB downloaded version, and loved it). But I also need some HW acceleration for editing (I have a 50" HDTV hung above my PC monitor for 2-monitor editing). My questions are:

- the Edius SP package comes first to my mind, but: 1) it's expensive 2) the cards need 64 bit PCI slots; I have he Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo - does it have 64 or just 32bit PCI slots? Is 64bit PCI the same as PCI-X?

- if I only have 32bit PCI, ans so upgrading my mobo would be necessary to install Edius SP - is there a cheaper/simpler, single card solution to accelerate Edius Broadcast? I mean, I don't need capture functionality as my acquisition with the EX1 is file based; also, I do NOT do SD at all!

Any advice wil be appreciated.
Working...
X