Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks. I will probably go back to the previous version of Edius 9 as I have a job coming up with a lot of nudging and the latest version of 9 loses the selection after one nudge in multicam. Edius X does this as well until they fix it. Hopefully things will improve but I can't recall if the thumbnails are there or not. There is definitely something going on with my Edius install as clips are taking forever to load when I open a project with a lot of short clips.

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    Thanks. I slid the divider over during a session only to find the thumbnails were back the next time I started Edius. I guess they are kind of hard wired to be there! I seem to be getting instant crashes when I nudge the clips a lot and quickly start playback or something else before the redrawing I see happen in the marker pallet completes. I will monitor the situation.
    Hi Tim.

I have similar issues when moving around the Edius X UI. For certain functions, usually certain codecs in the timeline, Edius is very slow and starts refreshing/redrawing and will hang very easily and sometimes crash if I try to move within the timeline when it’s being slow. The only way around this is if I wait for Edius to do its various refreshes/redraws and then make an edit/timeline decision/movement. This is obviously not a work around as it’s super slow but it’s the only way under such scenarios that it won’t hang or crash.

Like I said, not exactly the same as your issue but similar. I also have issues when changing resolution, which I have to do when Edius slows down, because Edius seems to do a complete refresh of certain bin assets, once again causing the issues I’ve just described.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks. I slid the divider over during a session only to find the thumbnails were back the next time I started Edius. I guess they are kind of hard wired to be there! I seem to be getting instant crashes when I nudge the clips a lot and quickly start playback or something else before the redrawing I see happen in the marker pallet completes. I will monitor the situation.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    yes, that is what I meant

I never use thumbnails because my chapters are always black as they are placed between fade out and fade in

I doubt that this is the cause of the crash but it is worth a try, if it solves the issue, you will get a finders fee

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks Anton. By collapsing do you mean dragging the edge of the column so the thumbnails disappear? I could not find any other way to take the thumbnails out of the list like a right-click.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you can disable the thumbnail by collapsing the thumbnail column

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    started a topic Getting Crashes when Nudging Clips 9.55.7303

Getting Crashes when Nudging Clips 9.55.7303

Hello,

I am editing a 1080p60 project that has a lot of clips and when I nudge a clip multiple times I am getting crashes. I think it has to do with thumbnails associated with the sequence markers. I make a lot of sequence markers during editing and when I nudge a clip I notice Edius has redraw all of the thumbnails in the marker pallet. Any way to disable thumbnails for sequence markers? Thanks.
Working...
X