Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Crashes when Nudging Clips 9.55.7303

Hello,

I am editing a 1080p60 project that has a lot of clips and when I nudge a clip multiple times I am getting crashes. I think it has to do with thumbnails associated with the sequence markers. I make a lot of sequence markers during editing and when I nudge a clip I notice Edius has redraw all of the thumbnails in the marker pallet. Any way to disable thumbnails for sequence markers? Thanks.
    Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

you can disable the thumbnail by collapsing the thumbnail column
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks Anton. By collapsing do you mean dragging the edge of the column so the thumbnails disappear? I could not find any other way to take the thumbnails out of the list like a right-click.
      Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

yes, that is what I meant

I never use thumbnails because my chapters are always black as they are placed between fade out and fade in

I doubt that this is the cause of the crash but it is worth a try, if it solves the issue, you will get a finders fee
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks. I slid the divider over during a session only to find the thumbnails were back the next time I started Edius. I guess they are kind of hard wired to be there! I seem to be getting instant crashes when I nudge the clips a lot and quickly start playback or something else before the redrawing I see happen in the marker pallet completes. I will monitor the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
            Thanks. I slid the divider over during a session only to find the thumbnails were back the next time I started Edius. I guess they are kind of hard wired to be there! I seem to be getting instant crashes when I nudge the clips a lot and quickly start playback or something else before the redrawing I see happen in the marker pallet completes. I will monitor the situation.
            Hi Tim.

I have similar issues when moving around the Edius X UI. For certain functions, usually certain codecs in the timeline, Edius is very slow and starts refreshing/redrawing and will hang very easily and sometimes crash if I try to move within the timeline when it’s being slow. The only way around this is if I wait for Edius to do its various refreshes/redraws and then make an edit/timeline decision/movement. This is obviously not a work around as it’s super slow but it’s the only way under such scenarios that it won’t hang or crash.

Like I said, not exactly the same as your issue but similar. I also have issues when changing resolution, which I have to do when Edius slows down, because Edius seems to do a complete refresh of certain bin assets, once again causing the issues I’ve just described.

Cheers,
            Dave.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Thanks. I will probably go back to the previous version of Edius 9 as I have a job coming up with a lot of nudging and the latest version of 9 loses the selection after one nudge in multicam. Edius X does this as well until they fix it. Hopefully things will improve but I can't recall if the thumbnails are there or not. There is definitely something going on with my Edius install as clips are taking forever to load when I open a project with a lot of short clips.

Comment

Working...
              X