Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound isuue

Dear friends hi,
    I have noticed that no matter the audio reference level is...(-12 or -18, or -20 db) after export the audio is so LOW in volume. During editing , I have the headphones on...sound is pefrect. No peaking, not low...everything is ok. I export to H264 and AAC 384 for audio and the export sound like half of the audio is not there. That low is sounds.
    Any idea why? Iys the same result for audio from the camera but from the songs I import to edit. The result is the same.
    I made some changes to project settings. I changed the audio reference from -12 to -20 then export again and the result still tge same. I play the exported files to several media players and its still the same. I didnt change anything in my PC the last year. Only format it once during summertime. Hardware is the same. No other sodtware addition.
    Any idea?
    Thank you
    Last edited by George Glou; 10-11-2021, 05:46 PM.
    I5 4690 CPU
    MOTHERBORAD GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
    RAM 8GB [email protected]
    AMD RADEON HD 6800
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK (RAID 1)
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (BACKUP)
    1 OCZ SSD 128GB
    Windows 7
    Edius 9&8 Workgroup

The reference level does not change the volume of clips or the timeline. It is just a reference and is useful in things like normalising. The first question would be if you play the timeline when level is the audio on the audio mixer- this is the best reference. The level sound on the headphones changes as you change the volume on the headphones so quiet sound can still sound load if the volume is up high. The audio levels should be in the yellow area of the audip display for an "average" sound. If it is then there is something else goin on with export. If is much lower it needs to be made louder in EDIUS.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

• George Glou
      George Glou commented
      Editing a comment
      Dear David. Thank you for the information.
      My headphones does not have volume button so i dont change something there. The headphone volume on the PC is 52% and I have it there all the time so I dont have a problem while editing. It has always this setting all the years that I am editing.
      While editing Audio mixes is always open so I monitor sound from there...And yes audio is always in the yellow level. Not lower than that and of course not in red.
      My project setting are at 48000hz 2 channel 24 bit. It was always there and never changed them. But this year I have really big issues with exports and I dont know what cuases it. In the export dialog I dont change something concerning audio. I leave it in current project settings.

make sure you have not enabled automatic loudness correction in the exporter

Anton-01528.png
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• George Glou
      George Glou commented
      Editing a comment
      BOOM !!!! it was ticked !!!!
      Ok I will try export and see how it sounds
      Thank you Anton

I untick the box, export and the sound is normal again!. So that was it.
    The only thing I noticed is that if I want to export again, the box is ticked by default. Is there any way to permantly have it untick?
    I5 4690 CPU
    MOTHERBORAD GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
    RAM 8GB [email protected]
    AMD RADEON HD 6800
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK (RAID 1)
    2X2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (BACKUP)
    1 OCZ SSD 128GB
    Windows 7
    Edius 9&8 Workgroup

Comment

That was just what I was about say Anton. It is like the "add to bin" and "between in and out buttons"- once unticked it stays unticked. This is also Workgroup version only.
      Its job is to chnage the sound levels so they are acceptable for broadcast, but you do not need it for normal stuff.
      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by George Glou View Post
        I untick the box, export and the sound is normal again!. So that was it.
        The only thing I noticed is that if I want to export again, the box is ticked by default. Is there any way to permantly have it untick?
        by default, it is always unticked, make sure you are not selecting a recently used export preset

you can also save your own custom preset with all the preferred settings and use that for all the exports, see attached
        Attached Files
        Last edited by antonsvideo; 10-13-2021, 01:06 AM.
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• George Glou
          George Glou commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all for your help!!!
      Working...
      X