Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exported mp4 at 12K has error but not at 13K - WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exported mp4 at 12K has error but not at 13K - WTF?

It's has taken me a few days to get round to writing this up but here goes.
    A project had been approved (previously a timecoded preview mp4 at 9K) I then uploaded it to Vimeo (password protected) without timecode at 12K from E9 and was somewhat shocked to get an email pointing out one blip in the 70mins that was not there before. Timeline was fine. Checking the mp4 sure enough the blip was present so NOT caused by Vimeo.
    Not a problem I thought I will SHFT Q the section and make a test file of the section. Just the same! I then made an AVI - encoded that in Handbrake - fine. I then went back to Edius and increased the data rate to 13K and the issue was gone. Bizarre or what?
    Files can be downloaded here https://we.tl/t-wY23rCHJ5M

FWIW for anyone who looks at these files the somewhat frail lady is an 83 year old retired nun, who 3 weeks earlier came out of ITU having had a stroke whilst driving her car.

were you using hardware encoder in EDIUS exporter?

I bet it will be ok if not using it
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      were you using hardware encoder in EDIUS exporter?

I bet it will be ok if not using it
      No Hardware encoding and bizarrely just in one transition in 70 mins.

Comment

I downloaded your files and tested with the original and can confirm, see attached (tested with EDIUS X WG)

I will report it if you let me use your files as proof
        Attached Files
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          I downloaded your files and tested with the original and can confirm, see attached (tested with EDIUS X WG)

I will report it if you let me use your files as proof
          Hi Anton
          By all means use my files.
          Thanks
          David

Comment

report made, thanks
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
            X