Green Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Screen

I have footage of an actor walking on stage.

1) What is the latest best plugin for Edius to remove the green from a green screen?
    2) I am thinking that what I want to do is a bit of a reverse green screen, but not sure if I am describing that properly. Just imagine an actor walking back and forth on a plain stage. I want to add in a table, chairs, flowers on the table. Each of these items will be shot on a green screen I guess. That's the way to approach this, right? To try to match the coloring of the items with the lighting of the main set, and then add in multiple green screen items. Is there anything you can suggest about a best way to approach this, or am I describing the process pretty accurately?

is the stage camera locked off or moving and following the actor as he walks around?

note that whatever you place on the existing shot, it will be in the foreground, so the actor will appear to walk behind the table

you can't beat Robuskey for green screen keying quality
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Cameras locked in place, not moving. So I will add the table and chairs separate from the actor. Any other tips on how it can blend in? If the items are green screened and colored well, then it could look like they are right on the stage, right?

Comment

yes, no problem at all, even if the table color does not match, you can apply the PCC filter and make it match

you can use layouter on the table to size and position and rotate it as needed so it looks real

be sure Robuskey is placed above the layouter
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

thank u so much!

Comment

What is the PCC filter? I have a 3 way color filter, a color balance filter...

Comment

PCC = Primary Color Correction filter where it is easy to change color temp and exposure etc.
              Anton Strauss

Comment

I have the built in Edius filters and many with NewBlue. Which filter is the best one for this?

Comment

Chrominance that is native to EDIUS. A lot of us use Robuskey as a third party keyer.
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Derek - it's not just the "easiest to use" that you should think about. I've done tons of EDIUS green screens and have found not one other program that matches the quality of the Robuskey keying. Just applying the program results in a great key - but fine-tuning the key results in a totally professional key! You'll spend tons of time with other keyers trying to match that result. I totally agree with everyone here who has recommended it. Good luck, buddy!
                    Alan J. Levi
                    Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Hart View Post
                      I have the built in Edius filters and many with NewBlue. Which filter is the best one for this?
                      are you now referring to PCC or Chroma Key

you should have the PCC filter unlesss you have an old version of EDIUS

Anton-01494.png
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Anton... Edius 7... so must have the old one...

Comment

EDIUS 7 does not have PCC, time to upgrade

if your PC is too old for EDIUS X, you can upgrade to EDIUS 9 which has PCC and EDIUS 9 works with Win7 and Win10
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Hart View Post
                            if you have newblue colorfast 2, you can adjust the white balance using the colour picker provided you have some white in the footage. or use the skintone line on the vectorscope to colour match all clips.
                            iam still using edius 7 as well.. the vectorscope on e7 has the skin tone line ( in hd mode and above).... if your unsure how to use it, google some youtube videos on how to use it... it is VERY useful.
                            Last edited by ulyssesvideo; 09-14-2021, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
                              Derek - it's not just the "easiest to use" that you should think about. I've done tons of EDIUS green screens and have found not one other program that matches the quality of the Robuskey keying. Just applying the program results in a great key - but fine-tuning the key results in a totally professional key! You'll spend tons of time with other keyers trying to match that result. I totally agree with everyone here who has recommended it. Good luck, buddy!
                              I have the newblue version plug-in to do green screen and it is very good. also... and i know its not an edius product... Keylight in after effects if fantastic! Derek.. if you have after effect have a go at that as another test and export the clip into edius... make sure you have the correct colour profile set up in after effects.

Comment

Working...
                              X