Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Evans
    replied
    If you do a lot of audio work I think Vegas or Resolve ( Fairlight ) is a better solution. EDIUS has never been very good with audio. Fast and easy for video but I have always done my audio in Vegas for edit then brought back into EDIUS as a single file.

Leave a comment:

• hungaristani
    replied
    Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post
    Also. Edius does not work anything like a traditional mixer or DAW. You can't apply effects to a channel, only to the tracks, which becomes very inflexible very quickly. For an overall effect, limiting of an entire edit for instance.
    You're 100% right and this applies to most video editors I know. It's really pathetic that these companies still couldn't find some time to take a good look at DAWs which have a 10+ years advantage in development. The clear advantage of channel inserts is not restricted to audio effects at all and working with nested sequences is really cumbersome (e.g. audio waveform is not visible outside the original sequence). And I don't expect this to be changed any time soon, because there's no real demand for it. People who are not familiar with DAWs may be happy to deal with this crippled workflow, but it's a real pain to work on concert movies (800+ clips on 10-16 channels) especially when one knows how much simpler this could be.

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Also. Edius does not work anything like a traditional mixer or DAW. You can't apply effects to a channel, only to the tracks, which becomes very inflexible very quickly. For an overall effect, limiting of an entire edit for instance. Make a sequence in a sequence and apply global dynamics to the sequence audio track.

Leave a comment:

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Originally posted by tosok View Post
    Came across LoudMax on the forum and looked into it. Found David Harry's videos on it and liked the what I saw so I thought I would give it a go. Being new to Edius I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with it and what I need to bring in to meet my needs. I was looking for something that would act like a compressor/limiter and also be able to bring up the overall volume of the compressed audio based on average volume rather than to a fixed peak... because a single spike in the audio would effectively define my ceiling. Can Edius X do this with the included plugins?
    Give both a try, although LoudMax is better and noticeably so at higher dynanic reduction/summing ranges. It is also more transparent at higher reduction ratios, if that's what you're looking for. Cheers, Dave

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    When I worked in Liquid, you could apply effects to the track header to achieve what you are looking for. The closest solution in Edius is to use the nested sequence approach as was mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• ulyssesvideo
    replied
    will edius employ a simular feature like in Adobe premiere, where you apply the plug in to the clip/audio in the bin, so when you place selected grab of the same clip to the timeline it will have the same settings and can be changed at the root and not many times on the timeline.? Anton is that a feature in edius or something that may come later as an update?
    Last edited by ulyssesvideo; 09-10-2021, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lekuri3k
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I usually apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
    then select all clips to right of first clip with Ctrl+End or Shift+End
    then drag it onto any selected clip and it will be applied to all

or
    apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
    save it as a user preset from info palette
    delete it from the first clip
    select all clips on a track with Ctrl+A after focusing track header
    drag the user preset to any selected clip
    but a problem here - that if you want to change effect you have to delete old effect from all clips - this is very complex =( adjustment layer or applying effect to track - will be good thing!

PS
    working with multiple clips in EDIUS is not good enough unfortunatelly.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Another way to apply a filter to the entire sequence is to nest them. Create a new sequence, insert the original sequence into it, and then apply the filter.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    yes, it can
    in EDIUS help menu, choose download Bonus Content and you will find the audio plugins that will do all that

Leave a comment:

• tosok
    replied
    Came across LoudMax on the forum and looked into it. Found David Harry's videos on it and liked the what I saw so I thought I would give it a go. Being new to Edius I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with it and what I need to bring in to meet my needs. I was looking for something that would act like a compressor/limiter and also be able to bring up the overall volume of the compressed audio based on average volume rather than to a fixed peak... because a single spike in the audio would effectively define my ceiling. Can Edius X do this with the included plugins?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    btw, EDIUS X comes with limiter and noise reduction plugins, why are you using loudmax?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I usually apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
    then select all clips to right of first clip with Ctrl+End or Shift+End
    then drag it onto any selected clip and it will be applied to all

or
    apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
    save it as a user preset from info palette
    delete it from the first clip
    select all clips on a track with Ctrl+A after focusing track header
    drag the user preset to any selected clip

Leave a comment:

• tosok
    started a topic Applying plugin to entire track

Applying plugin to entire track

I've downloaded LoudMax limiter and am trying to place it on an entire audio track rather than having to place it on each clip in the track. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!
Working...
X