Applying plugin to entire track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying plugin to entire track

I've downloaded LoudMax limiter and am trying to place it on an entire audio track rather than having to place it on each clip in the track. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!
    Mobile setup: Edius X - Laptop running i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (8 cores/16 threads) with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design w/8GB VRAM.
    Desktop: Edius X - AMD 5950x installed in Asus ProArt Creator B550. 64GB Ram and a cheap GPU w/1GB VRAM until I can get my hands on a 3080. Running Windows 10 Pro

I usually apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
    then select all clips to right of first clip with Ctrl+End or Shift+End
    then drag it onto any selected clip and it will be applied to all

or
    apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
    save it as a user preset from info palette
    delete it from the first clip
    select all clips on a track with Ctrl+A after focusing track header
    drag the user preset to any selected clip
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

btw, EDIUS X comes with limiter and noise reduction plugins, why are you using loudmax?
      Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Came across LoudMax on the forum and looked into it. Found David Harry's videos on it and liked the what I saw so I thought I would give it a go. Being new to Edius I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with it and what I need to bring in to meet my needs. I was looking for something that would act like a compressor/limiter and also be able to bring up the overall volume of the compressed audio based on average volume rather than to a fixed peak... because a single spike in the audio would effectively define my ceiling. Can Edius X do this with the included plugins?
        Mobile setup: Edius X - Laptop running i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (8 cores/16 threads) with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design w/8GB VRAM.
        Desktop: Edius X - AMD 5950x installed in Asus ProArt Creator B550. 64GB Ram and a cheap GPU w/1GB VRAM until I can get my hands on a 3080. Running Windows 10 Pro

Comment

yes, it can
          in EDIUS help menu, choose download Bonus Content and you will find the audio plugins that will do all that
          Anton Strauss

Comment

Another way to apply a filter to the entire sequence is to nest them. Create a new sequence, insert the original sequence into it, and then apply the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              I usually apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
              then select all clips to right of first clip with Ctrl+End or Shift+End
              then drag it onto any selected clip and it will be applied to all

or
              apply it to the first clip and make the settings as needed
              save it as a user preset from info palette
              delete it from the first clip
              select all clips on a track with Ctrl+A after focusing track header
              drag the user preset to any selected clip
              but a problem here - that if you want to change effect you have to delete old effect from all clips - this is very complex =( adjustment layer or applying effect to track - will be good thing!

PS
              working with multiple clips in EDIUS is not good enough unfortunatelly.

Comment

will edius employ a simular feature like in Adobe premiere, where you apply the plug in to the clip/audio in the bin, so when you place selected grab of the same clip to the timeline it will have the same settings and can be changed at the root and not many times on the timeline.? Anton is that a feature in edius or something that may come later as an update?
                Last edited by ulyssesvideo; 09-10-2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

When I worked in Liquid, you could apply effects to the track header to achieve what you are looking for. The closest solution in Edius is to use the nested sequence approach as was mentioned above.
                  Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Originally posted by tosok View Post
                    Came across LoudMax on the forum and looked into it. Found David Harry's videos on it and liked the what I saw so I thought I would give it a go. Being new to Edius I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with it and what I need to bring in to meet my needs. I was looking for something that would act like a compressor/limiter and also be able to bring up the overall volume of the compressed audio based on average volume rather than to a fixed peak... because a single spike in the audio would effectively define my ceiling. Can Edius X do this with the included plugins?
                    Give both a try, although LoudMax is better and noticeably so at higher dynanic reduction/summing ranges. It is also more transparent at higher reduction ratios, if that's what you're looking for. Cheers, Dave

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Also. Edius does not work anything like a traditional mixer or DAW. You can't apply effects to a channel, only to the tracks, which becomes very inflexible very quickly. For an overall effect, limiting of an entire edit for instance. Make a sequence in a sequence and apply global dynamics to the sequence audio track.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post
                        Also. Edius does not work anything like a traditional mixer or DAW. You can't apply effects to a channel, only to the tracks, which becomes very inflexible very quickly. For an overall effect, limiting of an entire edit for instance.
                        You're 100% right and this applies to most video editors I know. It's really pathetic that these companies still couldn't find some time to take a good look at DAWs which have a 10+ years advantage in development. The clear advantage of channel inserts is not restricted to audio effects at all and working with nested sequences is really cumbersome (e.g. audio waveform is not visible outside the original sequence). And I don't expect this to be changed any time soon, because there's no real demand for it. People who are not familiar with DAWs may be happy to deal with this crippled workflow, but it's a real pain to work on concert movies (800+ clips on 10-16 channels) especially when one knows how much simpler this could be.

Comment

If you do a lot of audio work I think Vegas or Resolve ( Fairlight ) is a better solution. EDIUS has never been very good with audio. Fast and easy for video but I have always done my audio in Vegas for edit then brought back into EDIUS as a single file.
                          Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Working...
                          X