Frame size reduction for Neat video- 4k in HD timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame size reduction for Neat video- 4k in HD timeline

I am using 4k footage in a 1080p timeline. Neat video is seeing the full 4k frame size. In a Neat forum they talk about having your editor send a reduced frame to Neat to work on.
    Does anyone do this or know how to?
    Thanks,
    Alfred

do a Shift-Q render (render and add to timeline) and put the neat video plugin on the rendered file. The render makes a file at the timeline resolution, not the source file resolution.
    Last edited by BernH; 08-25-2021, 12:54 PM.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

• BernH
      BernH commented
      Editing a comment
      I missed the f in shift and got **** in place of the word.

If you put neat video before the layouter it will work on the 4K original. Another alternative would be to nest the 4K clip in a sequence and then applied Neat Video to the sequence.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Neat VIdeo needs to be applied before the layouter.
      Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I have Neat before the layouter. I am shooting concert video with 2 or 3 4k cameras. I may produce 10 or more multi-cam song clips So far I have found the Q shift problematic, but I don't remember what the issue is.. After syncing the cameras, I put each camera in a sequence and apply color correction (and recently Neat). I then nest these cam sequences to do my multi-cam edits. So would I color correct a cam sequence and then nest it and then apply Neat to that sequence and put the resulting sequence in my multi-cam sequence?
        I am trying to do as much nesting as I can, so that I can go back to an earlier sequence to adjust fx, color, neat etc. rather than dealing with all the bits and pieces in my final edit.
        Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
        X