Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the scaling of my editing screen affects the position of text and masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the scaling of my editing screen affects the position of text and masks

I"m editing on a 43inch 4K screen and the scaling of the screen is set to 150%, for a project I was doing now which involved adding a lot of v tracks to add a text in each track I changed the screen scaling to 125% so I could see more layers in edius without having to scroll up or down. The project has been finished and I changed the scaling back to 150% to find out this affects the position of text and masks that I applied (the text has to appear on screen as if it is being typed and I used masks for that), is this normal behaviour? This mean I have to set the screen scaling back to 125% to have it exported correctly. Not a big deal but weird that this affects the position of text and masks.
    Attached Files

Yes, this is something quicktitler does. Gv fixed it by changing QT's format so titles would adjust to changes in screen resolution. You have to go to QT's file menu and save as elt2. These titles will scale correctly.
    I use this all the time without problems but I believe there are some issues in some languages which is why elt2 is not the default. You cannot make it the default either you have to manually choose to save as elt2 every time.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thx for the info! Wasn't aware about that. etl2 is not the default on my system.

Comment

You can't set it as default. You have to remember to save it as ELT2 every time.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
        X