Burn to BD ? volume label and work folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn to BD ? volume label and work folder

Any help appreciated. Can't find answer to my "burn to BD" questions in the manual.or by searching forum.

For the first time, I am trying to burn a project onto blu-ray (client requested one). I'm burning at different format settings trying to get the perfect BR burn. So I burned one at 1440 1080 59.94i. (my actual E.9 project setting)
    Next, I tried to burn a BD at 1920 x 59.94i.
    Under "basic" /output tab/ settings there is a "volume label". What is this? When I try to put "0-9 or A-Z" in that spot it doesn't like it. So i don't. But when i go ahead and hit "create disc" I get the following messages
    "The folder contents already exist. Would you like to delete contents?" So I hit yes.
    Another window comes up "The work folder already exists. Please check if any files in the work folder are being used."

So....I powered the computer down and back up. Now i could burn to disc with this new 1920 x 59.94i setting.

So my questions are....where is this temporary "work folder"? And why can't I put anything in this "volume label" box?

Thanks!!!!

Lori
    Edius 9.3, ProASUS TUF X299 Mark I LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 Dual LAN X299 ATX Motherboard, Intell Core i7-7820 X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz processor, GTX 1070, 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB WD Enterprise HD, 16 GB Ram, 2 LG DVD burners, Win10 Pro. Intensity Shuttle. Vitascene V.3. Vistitle 2.8 +

the Volume label is upper case and short, you can call it BD or VIDEO etc.

you need to enable detailed settings and specify the path to the work folder, the default is the Win Temp folder, I never use the default.
    I set it to the EDIUS Project folder so I can burn further Blu-ray at a later stage from that folder without any re-encoding
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...VDburner08.png (screenshot is from an older EDIUS version but basically the same)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Got it!! Thanks Anton
      Edius 9.3, ProASUS TUF X299 Mark I LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 Dual LAN X299 ATX Motherboard, Intell Core i7-7820 X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz processor, GTX 1070, 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB WD Enterprise HD, 16 GB Ram, 2 LG DVD burners, Win10 Pro. Intensity Shuttle. Vitascene V.3. Vistitle 2.8 +

Comment

Working...
      X