Permanent loading files during work =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent loading files during work =(

Hello! I have big project(20tb+) & and for the first start of project Edius loading files slowly - it`s ok, considering that there are about 19,000 =). But why after that Edius periodically repeat this «Now Loading» during work, for example, if you minimize all windows or switch to another program and back!??

e1.jpg

Edius 10.20.7620
    Win10 x64
    9900K + 64Gb RAM
    Project on 32Tb Raidon GR3660 connected by USB

can you do a speedtest on the USB Raid? Is it a Raid0 or Raid1 etc?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      can you do a speedtest on the USB Raid? Is it a Raid0 or Raid1 etc?
      2 WD Gold 16Tb in raid 0

e2.jpg

Comment

Guys, help please! Otherwise I think that this constant loading of files(«Now loading»), judging by the crunch of hdd, will kill my hdd raid drive even before I complete edit the movie ;|

Comment

you can only destroy WD Gold drives with a sledge hammer

I am not sure what causes the constant "Now Loading"

It has come up in this forum a few times over the last 10 years, I have a feeling that you exceeded the number of clips that EDIUS can handle and as such it keeps loading things to memory
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Cant You divide the project in smaller sequences or parts on the HDD ? I assume You don't edit the entire film at the same time.
            I'm not a regular Mynck user, bud I believe a raw editing is much faster than Edius itself, and then import the parts in Edius.
            For what its worth.
            Edius 9.5 / X ,Win 10 home
            Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
            CPU Intel I9-9900K
            500 Gb M.2 Samsung SSD 970 Pro plus
            1 TB M2 Samsung SSD 970Pro
            SSD OCZ 256MB
            WD 4TB HDD
            2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

This is not real, this is a very large documentary and you need constant access to all the material at any time. The only question is that I have some incorrect RAM settings or other in my system, or still some edius bug that can't use RAM correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by lozzless View Post
                This is not real, this is a very large documentary and you need constant access to all the material at any time. The only question is that I have some incorrect RAM settings or other in my system, or still some edius bug that can't use RAM correctly.
                I would start with basic things like:

ensure fast startup is disabled in power options (hard to find)
                ensure power options are set to maximum performance
                make sure all 3 GV folders are excluded from any antivirus scanner
                make sure your Raid0 is excluded from the antivirus scanner
                open your large project and open taskmanager and see how much memory EDIUS uses during loading and when done loading all clips
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

I would start with basic things like:

ensure fast startup is disabled in power options (hard to find)
                  ensure power options are set to maximum performance
                  make sure all 3 GV folders are excluded from any antivirus scanner
                  make sure your Raid0 is excluded from the antivirus scanner
                  open your large project and open taskmanager and see how much memory EDIUS uses during loading and when done loading all clips
                  Thank you so much for suggesting the idea about Windows defender, I added a folder with the project & all material to the exceptions(exclusions) and now when switching windows between edius word photoshop ect., the hard disk stopped crunching and loads files instantly and quietly! In any case, for now, I will continue to observe! May God grant you good health! )

Comment

good to know that is behaving better now
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

attached are all the EDIUS related folders I have excluded including Vistitle

AVP-0339.png
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                      X