Multicam question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dano3655
    • Jun 2007

Tried again and still no good. Do all of the frame rates have to be the same?

Comment

• dano3655
      • Jun 2007

also just tried with matching frame rates...still multicam doesn't work. It gives me like 12 sequences now marked multicam,(1) etc etc

Comment

• dano3655
        • Jun 2007

just thought to try it on edius 9. failed but loaded some clips but not all. Still opened about 15 multicam sequences on the timeline. I am all out of guesses why multicam does not work.

Dano

Comment

• antonsvideo
          • May 2007

if all your cameras have the same timecode, you will get one sequence if you choose sync mode timecode (what I use)

if you choose audio as sync mode, you will get a new sequence for each set of synced clips (a pain in the rear, but ok if it is a recording where the cameras are not stopped) (in such a case, you have to assemble the edited sequences into the main sequence)

Moral of the story: when shooting multicam, don't stop any of the cameras. If I shoot a concert, none of the cameras are stopped until there is an interval
          Last edited by antonsvideo; 06-20-2021, 02:15 AM.
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• dano3655
            • Jun 2007

I see. Good tip and thank you.

Comment

• dano3655
              • Jun 2007

What do I do about many clips being not used. Does mutlicam need all the cameras the same frame rate etc?

Comment

• antonsvideo
                • May 2007

Originally posted by dano3655
                What do I do about many clips being not used. Does mutlicam need all the cameras the same frame rate etc?
                to be honest, I have never shot using cameras with varying frame rates so I can't be sure

can you inspect the clips that were not used if they have clear audio that is good enough for syncing

can you inspect the multicam bin folder in detail view and make sure all clips have a reel number
                Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• antonsvideo
                  • May 2007

here is one I shot with 4 camera angles for cinema with audio for multicam sync. I ended up with 45 multicam sequences because there were long breaks between each dance so we stopped cameras

after doing the multicam edit on each sequence, I copied each sequence to the Final edit sequence, no issues at all, all cameras used the same frame rate

AVP-0327.png AVP-0326.png
                  Last edited by antonsvideo; 06-20-2021, 03:47 AM.
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

• dano3655
                    • Jun 2007

Yes good audio on all clips and inspected the reel numbers. They are ok as well. When you had the many multicam sequences how did you get them all in the main project or did you just edit one at at time, render...then bring them in?

Comment

• dano3655
                      • Jun 2007

Now its getting worse. Locked up the computer at 35 seconds when in the multicam analyze audio...

Comment

• antonsvideo
                        • May 2007

Yes good audio on all clips and inspected the reel numbers. They are ok as well. When you had the many multicam sequences how did you get them all in the main project or did you just edit one at at time, render...then bring them in?
                        I edit each multicam sequence starting with Multicam1, then select all and copy, then paste to Final edit sequence

Then edit Multicam2 then select all and copy, then paste to Final edit sequence

no need to render, just copy and paste
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

• antonsvideo
                          • May 2007

Now its getting worse. Locked up the computer at 35 seconds when in the multicam analyze audio...
                          could it be that some of your cameras are not 48k audio? maybe a mix of 32, 44.1 and 48k could be a disaster
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

• dano3655
                            • Jun 2007

I will check the audio. Good idea.

Comment

• dano3655
                              • Jun 2007

You were correct on the audio. Deleted a few and works. Still get a bunch of multicam sequences. If I remember correctly plural eyes kept them all on one timeline. Sad that edius cant...

Thank you again for the help.
                              Dano

Comment

• antonsvideo
                                • May 2007

You were correct on the audio. Deleted a few and works. Still get a bunch of multicam sequences. If I remember correctly plural eyes kept them all on one timeline. Sad that edius cant...

Thank you again for the help.
                                Dano
                                yes, I have no idea why EDIUS can't throw audio synced ones into a single sequence like plural eyes, luckily mots of my jobs have timecode locked cameras
                                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...