Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red camera

Hi there

Has anyone tryd this Red camera, and if so how do you lik it?
    http://www.red.com/cameras/tech_specs
    How will Edius handle the medi from the camera?

my best
    Johannes
    JoiCam´s
    Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
    2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
    3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
    4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
    Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
    Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
    And more

just notise there are a post here allready ther answer part of my question.
    JoiCam´s
    Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
    Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
    Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
    And more

Comment

For a lot of Red info go to
      http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Thanks for this, lookong forward to check this out,
        I belive edius will be supporting 4k soon, i hope so !!!
        JoiCam´s
        And more

Comment

I think this is the first I've heard of 4k support with Edius. However, Red is 4:4:4 color space and a little out of Edius' reach currently. (watch me get corrected) Proxy files would be fun here... (hint)

I did get to play with two of the Reds (named Boris & Natasha) in Folom a couple of months back. The images are stunning to say the least, but there are few edit houses able to manage the data.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=5442

Comment

i heard about this it is true its Full Pixel 4900 x 2580 ?

Comment

Hi there.
                Rusty, Man can allways dream of such thing :)
                But do you guys know anything bout this linux based Bones system mentioned on an other thred ?
                http://www.thomsongrassvalley.com/products/film/bones/
                JoiCam´s
                And more

Comment

hello

and next year a 3k camera a 3000$ yes 3000$ :)
                  http://provideocoalition.com/index.p...arlett_at_nab/
                  hope at this time edius/procoder support raw file.

Comment

you mean next year people will receive a steel scarlet logo. he he.

Believe when I see it. Still back orders on the Red I don't believe we will see this announcement in any bodies hand soon.

Steve
                    Steve
                    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by johannesj View Post
                      How will Edius handle the medi from the camera?
                      First, RED need to finish their Windows SDK...

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                        you mean next year people will receive a steel scarlet logo. he he.
                        yes it's tru :-) hehe...
                        but when times come to buy a number in the queue, for 10% of 3000$ i do it :-)
                        and if it's a good cam i buy 5 more :-)

yes red is hype, but very good hype :-)

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                        First, RED need to finish their Windows SDK...
                        ok good .
                        but we use osx and linux, and we stay on xp32 just for 1 soft : edius ...

and, sorry for my bad english :-)

Comment

2k is nice and all, but I will pick 1080p over it any day of the week, unless I am shooting a high end movie and in that case we'd rather shoot on 35mm. But not there yet :)

I really like the new P2 Varicam 3700 or 2700. (The prior has true 1080 imager) and if you shoot AVC Intra, you will get 10bit 1080p files. Or you can grab off from the imagers straight via Dual Link HD-SDI. A complete RED setup will cost about the same as these Varicams.

Comment

hello,
                            "2k is nice and all, but I will pick 1080p over it any day of the week, unless I am shooting a high end movie "

yes me too, we shoot on hd and make sd dvd :-)
                            but some times we have too zoom in a picture and remake the withbalance.etc.etc...and like in still camera RAW is the best way too do it :-)

"A complete RED setup will cost about the same as these Varicams"
                            yes and it's not good.
                            red 1 is for digital cinema : it's full frame 24/13mm
                            it's not hd it's 5 time the hd and it's RAW :-) and you have 11 stop in latitude too play, like film.

the scarlet at 3000$ is the real competitor (2/3" 3k raw etc) of the 3700 :-)
                            let's see it in 1 year.

In my small business computers a cheap, cams are not .
                            If in 1 year a red cam at 5000 $ replace an old dsr500 it's good for me ...if my competitor don't see a small revolution coming it's VERY GOOD for me too ;-)

Comment

"A complete RED setup will cost about the same as these Varicams"
                              yes and it's not good.

Sorry, maby a stupit question but what is not good ?
                              :-)

MB
                              Johannes
                              JoiCam´s
                              And more

Comment

Working...
                              X