Creation of ese files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation of ese files

Using Edius 7.x - brought 4 .mts camera files onto the timeline, hoping to sync them. I just don't understand why sometimes Edius gets stuck making ese files. Is there a way to force it? First, nothing happens on one of the files. The video file looks intact, so I don't think something is corrupt. Then I exit Edius, and a super small ese file is made, like 96k, and the other file that it seems to need to make, the mts.ese file, does not exist yet. I've experienced this before where 4 hours later the file will appear. The first 3 are made inside of 3 to 5 minutes.

Edius 7.x has consistently done this over the years. Does the new version fix this. Is this a known issue? Way to force it to get made?

Update: so the 4th camera shot updated at one hour 45 minutes. The first 3 took 5 minutes. No rhyme or reason for this. Thoughts appreciated.
    Last edited by Derek Hart; 05-15-2021, 08:18 PM.

you can turn the creation off, with a powerful PC you don't need the seek files which allow more accurate scrubbing

system settings/importer exporter/AVCHD

see attached

Anton-01297.png
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

What does it mean that I turn that option off? I want to be clear that I do want the audio wavelength to sync cameras. I have a fairly powerful new $2000 laptop, should be pretty fast for this stuff. So turning off this option will help me get those files faster?

Comment

what I told you turns of the seek files, not the waveform files

see how scrubbing works after disabling seek files and after deleting the ese seek files while EDIUS is closed
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Can you tell me what the seek files do? I think if I have a fast PC you're saying I don't need them. What do they exactly add speed to, clicking around and showing the video frames, or something in that realm?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Hart View Post
            Can you tell me what the seek files do? I think if I have a fast PC you're saying I don't need them. What do they exactly add speed to, clicking around and showing the video frames, or something in that realm?
            ese (seek files) allow for smoother scrubbing the timeline, nothing to do with playback

I don't need them, scrubbing is smooth on my PC without them
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
            X