Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foundry Films View Post
    I'm having this same issue as well.

Have tried all the steps mentioned above multiple times. Have tried re-installing older version of 10 and nothing is working.

I don't have any anti-virus installed other than windows default security as well. Everything was working fine a few days ago....outside of installing Discord, nothing has changed system-wise to my knowledge.

I've attached a systems report.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike
    I can only see unspecified errors

User: S-1-5-21-3973369289-896249635-1121446325-1001
    Computer: DESKTOP-5013PVP
    Description:
    Application: EdiusRenderer
    ProcessId: 16448
    Job name : (Howie Demo_2021 Demo Reel_2021-06-01_15:41:09)
    Job id : {B8DF75DA-74B0-43BF-B5FC-720CF2D8E4A1}
    Export result : 0x80004005, Unspecified error
    LastState: rendering
    ------
    Unspecified error
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

try the following

open the job monitor from the EDIUS taskbar and select all in display types, to make sure there is no jobs still running like waveform generation etc

if none are running, close the job monitor

in export window, tick add to bin and then start an export

the thumbnail should appear in the bin and it should show a progress bar

Anton-01333.png Anton-01334.png
      Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks for the advice Anton.

I've tried the above and nothing worked.

When adding to the bin the file is highlighted in red and fails before any progress bar appears.

That being said, I was able to export without issue from another project....so I'm wondering if this issue is related to just one specific project. I'm constantly working with different files (mpeg-2, .mp4, .mov mostly) and frame-rates (23.98, 25, 29.97, 30) I do a lot of demo editing for actors which requires me to torrent files, then convert those files into a format Edius can read.

Does that give you any ideas?

Thanks again,
        Mike

Comment

start an export and open the job monitor from EDIUS taskbar, view the properties of the failed export, it should say why it failed, maybe a plugin like OFX etc?
          Anton Strauss

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think it reveals anything more.

I don't use any effects outside of some audio cross-fades (typically linear) and simple fade-in/out. Simple titles via quicktitler as well and I do also use the layouter to manipulate some clips but its all pretty basic stuff.

image_23466.jpg Properties.jpg

Comment

the job monitor you have open is from the windows taskbar or from an older version EDIUS X

can you open the one from the EDIUS taskbar, it will have a tab that allows you to dock it to the bin if you wish, I prefer it undocked

what is the current installed version?
              Anton Strauss

Comment

​​Oh, my apologies.

Edius Version.jpg

Job Monitor 2.jpg

Comment

How much space is available on the G drive?
                  is the G drive internal or external?

also, can you close EDIUS and exit job mon from win taskbar, then empty appdata/local/temp and then start EDIUS and try a fresh export of a small section between in and out, say 5 sec

make sure export between in and out is ticked
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

The G drive is external it's a 4Tb seagate and has about 724Gb available.

I've tried exporting to an internal drive with no luck.

Tried the above. Exited Edius, closed the job monitor from the windows taskbar. Emptied appdata/local/temp, restarted Edius, set an in/out point for an approx. 5 second clip. Ticked Export between in & out. Tried to export to the G drive as well an as internal drive. No luck...

I'm going to try a fresh install again....will re-post after.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

Ok, upon a fresh install I did the following.

Tried to export a 5 second clip using the typical codec I use (h.264/AVC) to an internal drive. It failed.

I then tried using h.264/AVC MOV from the Quicktime presets and it worked.

I jumped back h.264/AVC preset and it worked. I then tried to lower the bitrate using the same h.264/AVC preset from the 18Mb to 5Mb for a smaller file size and it failed.

I then tried using the h.264/AVC preset on more time without changing any of the setting while exporting the entire 4 minute file to the external drive.....and it worked again....

Seems to only fail when I try to tweak the bitrate using with the h.264/AVC preset OR the Quicktime h.264/AVC preset. Both work fine when nothing is changed but fail with the bitrate is lowered...from what I can tell.

Comment

hmmm

I tested with bitrate 5M and it worked

Anton-01339.png
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

can you test a few more times and always select the preset fresh instead of selecting a recently used one and see if that helps?

if it still fails, create a new profile and then restart EDIUS and select the new profile in the startup screeen

if it still fails, it is time for a clean install by removing all left behind folders after uninstalling
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

also

can you set the EH services to automatic instead of delayed start, then restart PC
                            https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...H-services.png

make sure faststart is disabled in power options before restarting PC
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Ok, I'll try everything you've suggest Anton and let you know my results. May take a day or two as I'm quite busy at the moment but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X