When are the rendered files deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are the rendered files deleted

Is there any trigger when the rendered files get deleted? Or this needs to be done manually after being done with the project?

do you mean rendered files or exported files
    exported files are never deleted automatically
    render files that are not in use can be deleted automatically when you close the project

Anton-01268.png
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I mean the rendered files. What does actually mean "closing" the project? Is it just "Exit" Project and/or Edius? Or can it be something else? I would like to have some option within Edius to say "Im done and the project and all related files should be deleted now".

Comment

Originally posted by Lada View Post
        I mean the rendered files. What does actually mean "closing" the project? Is it just "Exit" Project and/or Edius? Or can it be something else? I would like to have some option within Edius to say "Im done and the project and all related files should be deleted now".
        It sounds like you are looking for Edius or whatever NLE you are using to handle it's own media management. Softwares like Edius, Premiere, Resolve, etc., that do simple file linking to the media tend to not do media management, and leave it to the user. NLE's like Media Composer that prefer to transcode media into their own preferred format with cryptic names on the files, do tend to do media management.

The simplest solution for Edius, Premier, Resolve, etc. put all of you media files in a video folder that lives inside the edius project folder (for Resolve the folder would not contain the project file, since project are in a master project database). When the project is done, delete that project folder, the the project and everything related to that project is deleted.
        Edius WG 9.55.7303, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

closing project means closing EDIUS

you can also delete render files while EDIUS is open, you will have two choices

Anton-01269.png
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I know it. But for some reason this does not work for me

Comment

I know it. But for some reason this does not work for me
              how do you know? are you saying the "rendered" folder is still full after you delete all renders?

not sure why the rendered folder starts with a small r instead of Capital like all other folders
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

how do you know? are you saying the "rendered" folder is still full after you delete all renders?
                Correct. None of the files get actually deleted. Have tried all the option in that Edius menu to delete the files

Comment

Correct. None of the files get actually deleted. Have tried all the option in that Edius menu to delete the files
                  I find that very hard to believe :)

Can you start a new project and add a color bar clip of 1 sec duration and then render it.
                  Then save and exit
                  Check the rendered folder to make sure a file exists
                  Open the project and delete all render files and save and exit
                  See what is inside the rendered folder

If something is still inside, zip the project folder and attach it here
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                  X