Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alt + Right clik mouse

Hello EdiUsers

I like these function.... Easy to move the time line left or right.

I would like to have it without the need of Alt + So I mean only right clik on the time line and move.

I can attributes function combinations with the keyboard but not with the mouse.

Thanks for help
    Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Haddock...thanks so much.
    For thirteen years now I had been wondering how I could slide the timeline left and right with the mouse.
    Now I can! So happy.

I almost always use CTRL+Scroll Wheel on the mouse to zoom in and out of the time line but I had to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the timeline which is slow and inexact.
    Your teaching today on how to move the timeline left and right using Alt+Right Click is a game changer.
    Merci!!

PS: I dunno how to set it up so you don't have use Alt+. Sorry.
    Cory Bretz
    Heirloom Films and Storybooks
    www.heirloomfilms.ca
    Life Stories & Family History

MSI GT75 Laptop with i7-8750H 2.2GHz Hexa 6 Core processor, 48GB Ram, 256GB SSD + 2 TB NVME, GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X & 2 LG IPS235 monitors, Thunderbolt™ 3 & 6TB G-Drive, Edius Pro 10, NewBlueFX Titler Pro 7, VisTitle 2.6, Windows 10 Home Ver 1909 and an army of tiny video editing faeries.

Comment

I have requested an alternative custom option for this almost 20 years ago

I know of no way other than Alt+Right Click and drag

in Speed Razor it is as simple as right click and drag (very old software)
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

20 years ago... Amazing... a so usefull function.... Well it seems that we are a few to ask it...

Anyway I made a happy man member since 2007 : Cory. I apreciate his : Haddock...thanks so much.

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

• spurfilm
          spurfilm commented
          Editing a comment
          20 years ago sometimes feels like yesterday.

I don't know if it works with all mice, but by using my Logitech mouse scroll wheel and tilting it left or right will move the timeline. left or right. No need to use the Alt key or right click, unless I have misunderstood what you want to do?
        Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
          I don't know if it works with all mice, but by using my Logitech mouse scroll wheel and tilting it left or right will move the timeline. left or right. No need to use the Alt key or right click, unless I have misunderstood what you want to do?
          I have tried this some time ago but it only works well if you are zoomed out a lot, it works terrible when viewing say 5 frame scale

Also, often when tilting mouse wheel right or left, playback will stop because if you accidentally move the scroll wheel forward or backward while tilting, play stops, and that is easily done

so my preferred settings for tilt is zoom timeline
          left tilt - Ctrl+5 for 5 frame viewing mode
          right tilt = numeric keyboard - for zooming out one step at a time with each tilt (or alternatively Ctrl+0 to show the whole timeline)

Anton-01263.png Anton-01265.png Anton-01266.png Anton-01267.png

Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Fantastic... I have try the logitech mouse... and it works well. I will now practize and see

Thanks John and Anton for these info.

Comment

Hi all. These tips are really terrific, and thanks for sharing. I do have one caveat I would like to post. Using all of my computers (EDIUS editor included) quite a a bit, I began to develop a modicum of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome using the "flat" Microsoft type mouse. A learned computer gamer suggested I look into the EVOLUENT vertical mouse, which does not promote the twisting of the arm and thereby relieving Carpet Tunnel. Now I use the EVOLUENT on every computer, and it has relieved my symptoms for sure. No tilting of the mouse wheel like the Logitech, but several buttons on the EVOLUENT can be easily programmed with the included software.Take a look - https://evoluent.com/products/vm4rw/.
              Best to all, Alan
              Alan J. Levi
              Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

Working...
              X