Edius X No Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius X No Audio

I've spent the past several months working on a HDR project in Resolve and haven't done much with Edius. Today, I wanted to use it to help my son with a college project for one of his classes. Unfortunately, although the mixer clearly shows the program is receiving audio from the timeline file, nothing comes out of the speakers. I also still have Edius 9 on my system and the audio works just fine from it, as it also does with Resolve. I'm using a Decklink card and a few months ago added a Focusrite Scarlett audio output device. But as I said, E9, still works just fine. I did an Uninstall and reinstall of EX but no help there.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Edit:
    I found the problem, which is that the Deckink card box in System Settings can't be checked. Once it is unchecked, the audio is restored. So, Edius audio isn't compatible with Decklinks?
    Last edited by Barry C; 05-01-2021, 12:47 AM.
    Yosemite Channel - Barry Chall Films:
    https://m.youtube.com/user/Tarnway0412

My IP4K works fine with both EDIUS 9 and EDIUS X as well as Resolve and Vegas.
    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Evans View Post
      My IP4K works fine with both EDIUS 9 and EDIUS X as well as Resolve and Vegas.
      Hi Ron,
      Any idea why mine won't work with X?

Comment

Can you see the master audio show output in audio mixer display? If you change output to OHCI can you hear the audio in the system speakers ? At least that would limit the issue to the BM card if you can hear through system hardware. I think the audio is muted somewhere.
        Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Comment

Originally posted by Barry C View Post

Hi Ron,
          Any idea why mine won't work with X?
          also make sure the BM services are not disabled in the startup tab of taskmanager
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Can you see the master audio show output in audio mixer display? If you change output to OHCI can you hear the audio in the system speakers ? At least that would limit the issue to the BM card if you can hear through system hardware. I think the audio is muted somewhere.
            The mixer shows that there is active audio. In my EX System Settings Preview Device Settings, there is no OHCI tick box. The only option is to tick or untick Decklink. When unticked, the audio works. I also tried it in E9. When OHCI ( which is present in E9) is ticked, the audio works, when Decklink is ticked, it does not.

I also think it is muted somewhere. It sure acts like it. It definitely has something to do with the Decklnk card,, but the question is: What?? I don't suppose it should make any difference, but the card I'm using is the 4K 12g Extreme.
            Last edited by Barry C; 05-01-2021, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

also make sure the BM services are not disabled in the startup tab of taskmanager
              Hi Anton,
              I checked Task Manager. There is nothing of any kind for BM in it.

Comment

have a look for the items as seen in attached

AVP-0309.png
                Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  have a look for the items as seen in attached

AVP-0309.png
                  I just checked. Neither of those are in my Startup menu.

Comment

Since I have the IP4K I do not know what controls are different for the 12K . But for the 4K I can set audio for different outputs on the card etc and wonder if your audio settings are routed to a different output than you expect to see. For instance I can set to embedded HDMI or to the analogue outputs or even turn the volume down to nothing.

EDIT: I should read better and now realised it works for EDIUS 9. Will try and figure out why EDIUS X is different and come back !!
                    Last edited by Ron Evans; 05-01-2021, 03:47 AM.
                    Ron Evans

Comment

Ron,
                      it DOESN'T work with E9 either if the Decklink box is ticked. It only works when it is not- same as 10.

I'm starting to get the feeling that a BM Decklink driver could be the culprit. It is so ridiculous, it just smells like a driver to me. Keep in mind, Resolve doesn't have this issue with the card and Audio.
                      Last edited by Barry C; 05-01-2021, 04:01 AM.

Comment

It's getting bedtime here so will think again tomorrow but have you checked channel maps to see if something is muted ? Maybe move the audio to different tracks and see if that works.
                        Ron Evans

Comment

It's getting bedtime here so will think again tomorrow but have you checked channel maps to see if something is muted ? Maybe move the audio to different tracks and see if that works.
                          I'll try that, but I'm pretty sure it won't work. My other theory, besides a driver, is some silly Windows 10 update.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry C View Post
                            Ron,
                            it DOESN'T work with E9 either if the Decklink box is ticked. It only works when it is not- same as 10.

I'm starting to get the feeling that a BM Decklink driver could be the culprit. It is so ridiculous, it just smells like a driver to me. Keep in mind, Resolve doesn't have this issue with the card and Audio.
                            uninstall Black magic in control panel, then reboot PC

then empty Temp
                            then install BM Desktop Video driver Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Windows_11.5.1
                            then it will work guaranteed
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

To ask the obvious is the audio set to come out of the deck link in resolve or your audio card? If so do you get sound when put the bm as sound output in resolve ?
                              also if you use a driver later the 11.5.1 you don't get sound out of the ip4k in EDIUS and it is probably the same with other stuff
                              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X