Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerpoint and Edius

Hey there-
    Continuing my quest to see how well Edius might work for us. I have a couple of questions regarding bringing Powerpoint into an Edius project. This is for a multicam classroom recording where we would like to cut to the Powerpoint presentation slides when the teacher refers to them. We can't record the slides in the class so we need to import the presentation for post.
    1. What is the best way to import Powerpoint presentations into Edius?
    2. Do you have any advice regarding approaching integrating the slides that would save me trouble/time.
    Thanks!
    Mobile setup: Edius X - Laptop running i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (8 cores/16 threads) with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design w/8GB VRAM.
    Desktop: Edius X - AMD 5950x installed in Asus ProArt Creator B550. 64GB Ram, 2 x 1TB m.2, 6TB HHD. EVGA 3080ti w/12GB vram. Running Windows 10 Pro

I've had to tackle this a few times myself. There are a few ways to do it.

1. If the presentation does not contain any animated transitions or embedded multimedia that you want to keep, you can export as a series of stills that can then be placed on the timeline.

2. If there are transition or embedded multimedia, newer versions of powerpoint can export the presentation as a video. You can use this in Edius. I have not done this, as I am still running an older 2007 version of powerpoint, which brings me to the next option.

3. If you can't do option #2, there is a utility called Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro that will play the powerpoint and record it as a video file. This is what I use when I have to retain the transitions or multimedia.
    Edius WG 9.55.9157, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

I usually open the presentation in Powerpoint and choose save as, then select emf (enhanced windows meta file) which is vector based and gives you the best quality in EDIUS at any resolution

you will be asked if you want to save the current slide or all slides, choose all slides, then when done open them in EDIUS

if any slide contains a video, right click the video and choose save media as and then add this to your EDIUS bin

I usually don't care for PowerPoint transitions because they usually look cheesey, poor, terrible
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X