Trial version on the Eid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial version on the Eid

Hey there. I downloaded the trial version of Edius X and installed it. When I started the program I got a box asking for serial number and a link to set up an Eid... where I would be provided a serial number. Went through the Eid setup and did not see a serial number. I do see that I can download the program again from that page and presumably get an Eid that way, but I've already downloaded and installed the program. I'm on the road and it's not very convenient to have to download the works again. Is there a way to get an Eid for the trial version already downloaded and installed? Thanks for your help.
    Mobile setup: Edius X - Laptop running i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (8 cores/16 threads) with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design w/8GB VRAM.
    Desktop: Edius X - AMD 5950x installed in Asus ProArt Creator B550. 64GB Ram, 2 x 1TB m.2, 6TB HHD. EVGA 3080ti w/12GB vram. Running Windows 10 Pro

you may already have an EID if you can login to the EID page, there you will find the serial number and also can download the program, but you already have the program so you only need the trial serial

login with your ID and select the trial version you wish to try and click send, you will receive an email with a download link and the serial number (no need to download the software, you already have it)

Anton-01201.png Anton-01202.png Anton-01203.png
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 04-15-2021, 01:53 AM.
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks. Got it.
      Mobile setup: Edius X - Laptop running i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (8 cores/16 threads) with 64GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design w/8GB VRAM.
      Desktop: Edius X - AMD 5950x installed in Asus ProArt Creator B550. 64GB Ram, 2 x 1TB m.2, 6TB HHD. EVGA 3080ti w/12GB vram. Running Windows 10 Pro

Comment

remember that you will not be able to export what you edit until you buy it
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. The exporting process and speed is something that I wish I could demo. Is there any correlation between how well Edius performs in all the available functions in the trial and how well Edius performs on the final render? I hope that makes sense. Basically, if Edius works well in the editing, would there be any cause to wonder if it would work well in exporting the project?

Comment

Originally posted by tosok View Post
            Thanks for letting me know. The exporting process and speed is something that I wish I could demo. Is there any correlation between how well Edius performs in all the available functions in the trial and how well Edius performs on the final render? I hope that makes sense. Basically, if Edius works well in the editing, would there be any cause to wonder if it would work well in exporting the project?
            Render and export in Edius generally tends to be very quick, but it is contingent on the type of media you are using, the export you are doing, what hardware you have, and what effects you are using.

If you are running an older system like me (an intel 4790K) having quicksync enabled can make a huge difference in decoding H264 based material and can also speed up H264 based encoding, in the order of 1/4 to 1/5 real time for HD resolutions. My chip is not H265 capable, so I will have to defer to others to comment there.

Broadcast type MPEG2/XDCAMHD50 is also in that 1/4 to 1/5 time for me.

All of this is still contingent on the effects used. Things that can't be processed fast will slow down the export, like Neat Video Noise reduction, so I will often do a Render and Add to timeline (Shift-Q) in HQX format on those sections when I finish a day's editing so that those sections will export quick when I have my final edit finished, but rendering is not usually required if you can play those sections of the timeline without your buffers getting depleted.

If you can provide a little info about your hardware, source files, and export formats, it will help others give you some idea of the speeds.
            Edius WG 9.55.9157, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.6.0, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Tosok, could you post the hardware you are using. That will give us a better idea as to what type of performance you will be getting.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

you can also install the EDIUS 9 trial as it has no limits on exports and the speed will be the same as X
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X