Alpha Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Channel

I am trying to send a graphic I created in Newblue Titler to an editor who uses Premier Pro. I tried sending him an alpha channel Edius Quicktime but his machine could not read it. I also tried send a Quicktime png but it was not with the alpha. Is there a codec I can use in Edius that will have the alpha channel when sending to Premier Pro? Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by jeff8 View Post
    ... I tried sending him an alpha channel Edius Quicktime but his machine could not read it....
    Have you tried AVI > Grass Valley HQX > Grass Valley HQX (Superfine) etc.?
    kurt
    HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB
    SW: WIN-10/64 PRO (22H2-19045-2364​​), Firefox u.a.
    NLE: EDIUS-X(10.34.9631)-WG; RESOLVE-18.1.2.0006 Studio

// Read > Test > Understand

Comment

• jeff8
      jeff8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I have tried AVI > Grass Valley HQX > Grass Valley HQX (Superfine) but it doesn't allow him to import the file.

It has been a very long time since I worked with Premiere for 10 or more years. So I don't remember what formats Premiere accepts that have alpha channel.
    Can this be determined?
    HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB
    SW: WIN-10/64 PRO (22H2-19045-2364​​), Firefox u.a.
    NLE: EDIUS-X(10.34.9631)-WG; RESOLVE-18.1.2.0006 Studio

// Read > Test > Understand

Comment

If you do use HQX, make sure it states 'ALPHA' in the preset title. Also, have your project settings Video Channels set to YCbCr+Alpha.
      You could try DNXHD Alpha or Prores 4444 Alpha as an export option.

Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I am trying to send a graphic I created in Newblue Titler to an editor who uses Premier Pro. I tried sending him an alpha channel Edius Quicktime but his machine could not read it. I also tried send a Quicktime png but it was not with the alpha. Is there a codec I can use in Edius that will have the alpha channel when sending to Premier Pro? Thank you in advance.
        animated or still title?
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

If you have EDIUS 9 or X then try ProRes 4444 with alpha. For a still try Photoshop psd file.
          Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

if you have titler pro as a standalone, you can create your titles and export it . it will export the title with alpha channel.
            or..iam not 100% on this but try exporting it if you have titler pro open within edius and export it using titler pro and send that exported file.

Comment

Thank you Jerry. ProRes 4444 Alpha worked. Thanks you to all that suggested.

Comment

didnt exporting from titler pro itself work?

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
                  didnt exporting from titler pro itself work?
                  does titler pro export animated titles with alpha?
                  Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

yes. the standalone does 100%... I will have to double check if it does when working within edius. with titler pro you can export the titles with alpha channel.

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
                      yes. the standalone does 100%... I will have to double check if it does when working within edius. with titler pro you can export the titles with alpha channel.
                      what will be the file extension of the exported alpha clip
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

what will be the file extension of the exported alpha clip
                        Look at the screen shots for Edius and Media Info file specs.

I've included a test file that the OP can send to his Premiere Pro friend.
                        It should work. If it does, it will be the easiest method to use to carry alpha.

Attached Files
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com
                        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

variable frame rate????
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

the frame rate can be set to what you like.... in the settings tab in titler pro there is a project setting tab.... you can adjust frame rate and resolution.
                            the great thing about this is .... I have ALWAYS had issues with titler pro files in edius as the duration of the clip changes for some unknown reason when you reload the project..... now you can create you clips as mov files and you will never have that issue again. and if you need to re-adjust the title... just open it, make the change and re export under the same name and it will update on the edius timeline.

also..you can export the title from titler pro within edius!
                            Last edited by ulyssesvideo; 04-14-2021, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X