Can't clear my in and out point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't clear my in and out point

I am using Edius X and for some reason I can't clear my in and out point on the timeline. The project is around 44 min and the in point is stuck about 12 sec before that and I can't set a new in point. I have use clear in and out and it appears to work but the time does not change. First time this has happened.

Therefore I can't send the video to export and put on Vimeo.
    Help

Attached Files
    Last edited by dreaux; 04-08-2021, 01:41 AM.

to clear timeline in and out, press X on the keyboard

you can't clear a clips in and out point as per your screenshot
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      to clear timeline in and out, press X on the keyboard

you can't clear a clips in and out point as per your screenshot
      I did use X to clear 'in and out' as did the clear 'in and out' under the marker choices. However this time I was able to 'print to file' the whole 44 min instead of the first 12 sec. That was strange.

Thanks.

Comment

the timeline needs to be focused when you press X and not the markers palette

click anywhere on timeline and press X
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

the timeline needs to be focused when you press X and not the markers palette

click anywhere on timeline and press X
          Yes I did that however Now Edius X will not 'save'. When I click 'save to file' I can put in the name for the video and it appears to be writing but when I go to my video file where I saved it there is nothing there including the name I just gave it.
          Guess I'll have to get on the phone and call Edius Grassvalley tech support unless you have any ideas?

Comment

if the exporter has export between in and out ticked, nothing will be exported until you set an in with I and out with O on the timeline

Anton-01199.png
            Anton Strauss

Comment

if the exporter has export between in and out ticked, nothing will be exported until you set an in with I and out with O on the timeline

Anton-01199.png
              Yeah, I gave the 'in' at the beginning and the 'out' and the end of the video. Now it is saving randomly, Sometimes it will save and now will not save at all.

Comment

can you open the job monitor to see if it is exporting, once export has started, you will see a purple icon on the EDIUS taskbar, double click it
                Anton Strauss

Comment

When I do that I see the last video that was converted but no sign of the current one I am trying to save now.
                  Nothing is happening. or showing up in job monitor.

Comment

maybe stop the two render services and then set them to automatic and start them again
                    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...E-services.png
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

maybe stop the two render services and then set them to automatic and start them again
                      https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...E-services.png
                      That seemed to help. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X