Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDIUS display color is S/W or H/W based ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIUS display color is S/W or H/W based ?

I used to view video files with Potplayer, and I find my new PC(i9-10900) shows different color than my another PC(i5-7500) ,both playback by Potplayer with H/W decode(both Intel UHD 630), with the same MP4 file(1080p).
    Newer i9-10900 shows different color (washed out) in H/W mode, in S/W mode looks normal.
    i5-7500 looks the same in both H/W and S/W modes.
    Something similar in Chrome browsing Youtube videos before, so I used to turn off HW acceleration in Chrome.
    As far as I know, EDIUS uses UHD 630 Graphics to assist decode performance during Liveplayback, right?
    My question is : EDIUS's video playback color when editing, will it be affected by H/W decoder like Potplayer's behavior? Or won't be affected at all?

Hardware decoding does not affect the color of EDIUS preview and output,Potplay will automatically convert the bt2020 and bt709 colors. Even if the video card driver color is set incorrectly, it will not affect the color of EDIUS , Fortunately, you use uhd630.
    The performance of uhd750 is very poor on any NLE, which is less than half of that of uhd630,I hope no one in this forum buys uhd750.
    CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
    motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
    SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
    Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
    OS WIN10 20H2

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Hardware decoding does not affect the color of EDIUS preview and output.
      That's really good news to me! Thanks!

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Fortunately, you use uhd630.
      The performance of uhd750 is very poor on any NLE, which is less than half of that of uhd630,I hope no one in this forum buys uhd750.
      I bought intel's 10gen CPU last month, and not knowing 11gen CPU will be launched just one week later.
      I feel bad for this these days..... until I heard your experience about UHD750 now !!

Comment

Working...
    X