No Time Code for editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Time Code for editing

I have a client with lots of VHS-C tapes that he wants to edit before transferring to DVD. I am trying to think of the most accurate way he can remotely identify the sections the wants to select as there is no time code embedded in the tapes. Short of using a very inaccurate counting of the VHS player time counter I could copy the tapes into Edius 7 adding burnt in time code for him to view and select (loss of quality) but then I would have to use those BITC tapes as a master before transfer meaning all the disks would show time code.throughout (and further loss of quality). Is there another way? Could I use the BITC tapes as master but delete the time code on transfer to Disk?
    Maurice R Fleisher

Capture the tapes in Edius at the best quality (for VHS it is only SD). Put them on a timeline and export with the BITC from the timeline as a low res mp4 or the like for him to paper edit from. The TC will match the TC in the project. Cut out the sections you don't want but leave the holes in the timeline until you are finished cutting so that the timeline TC and the BITC from the paper edit match, then close the gaps. Done and you did one capture to do both the high quality and low quality BITC version.
    Last edited by BernH; 03-31-2021, 02:55 AM.
    Edius WG 9.55.7303, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

that is what I would do

and you can close all gaps in one hit when done by Shift+A and then press Backspace
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

You can also set the start timecode ( in properties ) of each reel once digitized in Edius to help Identify them...set BITC to read from source....just another way...

Paul :-)
        Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X