Disc Burner Freezing Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Burner Freezing Up

I have Edius X (v.7266). I went to burn an hour long sequence to DVD and selected three copies, selected ‘create disc’ and the process began. Usually a progress window would appear in prior versions of Edius. I looked everywhere but I couldn't find anything to tell me what stage the DVD burn was in. I opened the GV Job Monitor, but it showed nothing. It burned one DVD and ejected it. I loaded another disc into the computer… and nothing happened. I waited quite awhile then clicked on ‘create disc’ again, but all it did was chime a bell. The Disc Burner was frozen up. I eventually had to go into Task Manager to close the program. I tried the whole burn process again, and had the same results. Any suggestions as to what was going on and where to find a progress window?
    Hermit's Lair Media Productions LLC
    Desktop: Edius 8.3 Intel Core i7 / i7-4790 Windows 10 / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, CineRAID w/ 4 4TB HDD's @ RAID5
    Laptop: Edius 8.3 / ALIENWARE 17 - Intel i7-4910MQ Processor 2.9GHz 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz RAM, 2TB RAID 0 5400RPM + 80GB mSATA SSD Caching, Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) 17.3" WLED FHD , 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M Graphics
    "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"~John Milton

use the disk burner to create the Image only

then use Nero Burning Roam or ImgBurn (free) to make the copies from the image
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/imgburn.html
    the EDIUS disk burner uses the native Windows burn engine which is pretty poor
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

As always, thanks again Anton. I hadn't had this problem before so thanks for clarifying the process and solution for me.
      Hermit's Lair Media Productions LLC
      Desktop: Edius 8.3 Intel Core i7 / i7-4790 Windows 10 / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, CineRAID w/ 4 4TB HDD's @ RAID5
      Laptop: Edius 8.3 / ALIENWARE 17 - Intel i7-4910MQ Processor 2.9GHz 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz RAM, 2TB RAID 0 5400RPM + 80GB mSATA SSD Caching, Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) 17.3" WLED FHD , 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M Graphics
      "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"~John Milton

Comment

Working...
      X