• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent , wrong color on output

hello guys
    I work with edius many years
    since I start editing with edius , I have problem with output colors
    edius change black and other colors on export ( any format export like bitmap or video )
    I changed any option for project setting and output and .... but problem not solved

this is edius output ( colors changed on export )

Edius.jpg ​

premiere output for test ( The colors are similar to the original )
    premiere.jpg

whats is the problem ?!
    Attached Files

Hi there,

We need to have a bit more information.
    What are the assets (format, codec)

2 exact project settings

3 Which is the main export target you are using

Can you provide us a sample clip so we can try to reproduce?
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

that looks like white and super white issue. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
        Hi there,

We need to have a bit more information.
        What are the assets (format, codec)

2 exact project settings

3 Which is the main export target you are using

Can you provide us a sample clip so we can try to reproduce?

1. any format occurred ( quick time or mp4 or canon 5d format and ... )

2. any project setting ( this project 1920*1080 50i upper field )

3. this frames are snapshot from edius and premiere (BMP) , i guess maybe monitor color profile , but when I get snapshot from premiere and edius same time , I sure this is edius problem . in video output ( like MXF or Mp4 ) too I have same problem

I try send any seconds video for you soon

Comment

Originally posted by ulyssesvideo View Post
          that looks like white and super white issue. I could be wrong.
          I did change super white to white and then white to super white in auto correction , but problem still exist

Comment

for describe problem sharply , I create a black screen in photoshop with color number #00000

then import on edius and take snapshot

see result yourself

edius snapshot

edius snapshot.jpg

photoshop file

Black photoshop.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hamed_aa View Post
              for describe problem sharply , I create a black screen in photoshop with color number #00000

then import on edius and take snapshot

see result yourself

edius snapshot

edius snapshot.jpg

photoshop file

Black photoshop.jpg
              The interesting part is when I import this 2 frame to edius again ,both in timeline show same color on preview !

Comment

Edius changes the gamma value of the exported file. When I open the file in Davinci (no matter what format it is), if I don't change the Data Level from Auto to Full, the file becomes too contrasting. This happens only with the exports I get from Edius. But Edius sees the file normally (at the same level as the original file).
                Attached Files

Comment

Your levels from Premiere maybe illegal and below 0 IRE black, correct video black level is at 16

to achieve such illegal levels in EDIUS, you need to change the PCC filter to Scene light, then you can have blacks below 0

Anton-01172.png
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• 363596694@qq.com
                    [email protected] commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm ashamed that after so many years of using EDIUS, I didn't know this.

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  Your levels from Premiere maybe illegal and below 0 IRE black, correct video black level is at 16

to achieve such illegal levels in EDIUS, you need to change the PCC filter to Scene light, then you can have blacks below 0
                  I am not applying any filters to the clip. I just export it from Edius and import it to Davinci for color correction. When I put the file from the camera into Davinci and compare it, it seems that the file exported from Edius is more contrast. If I change the Data Level from Auto to Full, the levels are the same.

Comment

can you show me a screenshot of the waveform monitor of the clip in EDIUS, I will be able to tell if levels are correct

which codec are you exporting to? I recommend Prores 4:2:2 or 4:2:2 HQ
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

The issue here is that Davinci or any other editor may not be reading the metadata from the exported clip correctly from edius. I have the same issue when i export a clip from edius and place that clip into after effects... I sometimes have to set the correct setting in AE... there will be a codec that will work... you will have to do some tests
                      Last edited by ulyssesvideo; 03-16-2021, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hamed_aa View Post

1. any format occurred ( quick time or mp4 or canon 5d format and ... )

2. any project setting ( this project 1920*1080 50i upper field )

3. this frames are snapshot from edius and premiere (BMP) , i guess maybe monitor color profile , but when I get snapshot from premiere and edius same time , I sure this is edius problem . in video output ( like MXF or Mp4 ) too I have same problem

I try send any seconds video for you soon
                        Can you give the complete project settings , Make a screen grab if possible.

Can you give us sample of your footage so we can test?
                        Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

I have long fed back this problem to ivideostar, a Chinese agent. The color range is not consistent with DaVinci, and there is a Grayscale error between the preview window of EDIUS and the output file. I didn't know about this forum until the end of last year. I don't know how to make it clear in English.Especially, the color difference between the preview window of MBlooks plug-in and the playback window of EDIUS is very obvious.

Comment

Edius always change color when you export stills, its because its color space is not rgb, but in video export its OK

Comment

Working...
                            X