Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks. I sync visually since I film a lot of shows in large venues. The speed of light is more dependable! :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    Hello,

I am editing my first project in Edius X and noticed something different from Edius 9 right away. For a multicam shoot, I will put all of my cameras stacked on the timeline, go into multicam mode and slide them around to make sure they are all in sync. In Edius 9 I was able to select a clip an continue to nudge it frame by frame. In Edius X I select the clip and after one nudge the clip unselects itself. So no more nudging until you click with the mouse to select again. In single track mode the clip stays selected.

Anybody else notice this and can it be changed back to the way it used to be? Thanks.
    We have confirmed it. Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    To Bern, that is only 'kind of' a work around as the whole point is to see the track you are aligning to for comparison! But we do find a way to live with things.
    You still see everything on the timeline in normal mode. It just disables the camera assignments of the tracks and the multi layer view in the preview windows.

Assuming you are trying to sync layer/camera 2 to 1 for example, with the main audio being on layer/camera 1, when you go to normal mode and play the timeline showing layer 2 but listening to layer 1 you can see the sync or lack thereof. No real need to see layers that are not visible.

But as I said, this is a work around, It's not the ideal solution. The ideal solution is to be able to properly nudge without have to switch modes.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Ok thank you!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    never mind, I installed the latest 9.51 and it works perfect, I will report it now
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    To Bern, that is only 'kind of' a work around as the whole point is to see the track you are aligning to for comparison! But we do find a way to live with things.

To Anton, yes, I can confirm that I can nudge multiple times without losing the selection in multicam mode in 9.51. Thanks and I hope this can be fixed in Edius X.
    I will install 9.51 now and test, If I can confirm I will report right away

can you confirm the last 4 digits of your 9.51 version so I can install the one you have
    Anton-01160.png

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied

To Anton, yes, I can confirm that I can nudge multiple times without losing the selection in multicam mode in 9.51. Thanks and I hope this can be fixed in Edius X.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Hi Anton, I am using 9.51

So your Edius 9 only lets you nudge once before it deselects the clip?
    that is correct

can you confirm that it works in 9.51 and if yes, I will report it to get it fixed for 9.54 and X

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    Thanks for your input. Crazy that this changed from 9.51 to 9.54 Bern, what do you mean F5/F8? Do you mean shortcuts?
    Yep, I mean shortcuts. F5 is normal mode, F8 is multicam mode. Hit F5 to go to normal mode, nudge to your hearts content, then hit F8 to go back to multicam.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks for your input. Crazy that this changed from 9.51 to 9.54 Bern, what do you mean F5/F8? Do you mean shortcuts?

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    I'm on 9.54, I can confirm that nudge on a regular timeline is fine, but in multicam mode the clip is deselected after every nudge. It's a PITA for sure, but really only an F5/F8 away from a work around.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Hi Anton, I am using 9.51

So your Edius 9 only lets you nudge once before it deselects the clip?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    It is the same in 9.54, can you confirm the version number of 9 where it worked?

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    started a topic Edius X - "Clip Nudge" in Multicam Loses Selection

Edius X - "Clip Nudge" in Multicam Loses Selection

Hello,

I am editing my first project in Edius X and noticed something different from Edius 9 right away. For a multicam shoot, I will put all of my cameras stacked on the timeline, go into multicam mode and slide them around to make sure they are all in sync. In Edius 9 I was able to select a clip an continue to nudge it frame by frame. In Edius X I select the clip and after one nudge the clip unselects itself. So no more nudging until you click with the mouse to select again. In single track mode the clip stays selected.

Anybody else notice this and can it be changed back to the way it used to be? Thanks.
Working...
X