Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ediusx have the function of changing speed without changing tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ediusx have the function of changing speed without changing tone?

Too long video I often press “L”or "J" many times to achieve fast playback, The tone was changed and the sound was uncomfortable. Can you provide the option of changing speed without changing tone
    CPU:AMD R9 5950X GPU:GTX1050 MEM: Micron 4G DDR4 2400x4
    motherboard:ASrock X570 matx
    SSD:intel p3600 sata HDD: HGST 8Tx5 raid0
    Power:Great Wall EPS2000BL 2000W
    OS WIN10 20H2

The short answer is no, not when using JKL.

Speed and pitch are linked as you have discovered. It is not easy to preserve the pitch on the fly when using the JKL commands because the audio needs to be resampled to do this. It can be done to a point when using an audio plugin and doing a speed change, and usually does not work well if the speed changes are too much, but this is not an on the fly kind of setting for using JKL.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

• 363596694@qq.com
      [email protected] commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel that compared with edius9, ediusx has nothing to buy. I regret it,At least before adding AMD and NVIDIA GPU decoding 264 265 function.

I've been using NLE softwares from many manufacturers for over 25 years. This is not a shortcoming of Edius. It is the normal situation with everything out there because physics dictates that speed and pitch are linked. Getting around that is not easy to do without resampling.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Too long video I often press “L”or "J" many times to achieve fast playback, The tone was changed and the sound was uncomfortable. Can you provide the option of changing speed without changing tone
      Can you give a list of all the NLEs that real-time variably pitch correct in JKL mode.

And while we're at it. Why doesn't Edius make my coffee for me? I mean, come on, we're on version X FFS and Edius still can't perform this menial task.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Well this is a normal behavior in NLEs. If you need to correct the pitch then you need to do it manually and if you want the audio not speeding up you need to separate the audio from the video to an audio track.
        JoiCam´s
        Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
        2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
        3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
        4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
        Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
        Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
        And more

Comment

I remember the time of rewinding tapes on my Revox recorder... it has always been like this.
          Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

One thing I often use is the 1.5x speed playback as this lets me review faster and I can still clearly understand (you need to add the button)

Anton-01159.png
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

• 363596694@qq.com
              [email protected] commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm the same as you. I'll use 1.5x to solve this problem temporarily,However, there is a bug in 1.5x. If the playback cache is less than 256MB in 4K project, EDIUS will inevitably fail and shut down.

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            One thing I often use is the 1.5x speed playback as this lets me review faster and I can still clearly understand (you need to add the button)

Anton-01159.png
            "Me too" - kurt
            Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro / EDIUS-X(10.32.8750)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / RESOLVE-18 Beta-3 Studio / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
            // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

Yes, that's possible. Ungroup the footage on the timeline by ALT-G and then via ALT-E only slow down or speed up the footage and leave the audio track untouched.
              Intel Core i7-6700K - Boxed, Windows 10 home 64 bit, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 - WindForce 2X OC - 4GB GDDR5, Kingston Technology HyperX Fury - DDR4 2666Mhz CL15 Kit 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO - M.2 - 500GB, Seagate 3TB SATA HDD, Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H - Socket 1151 - DDR4, 2x DELLP2415Q 4K monitors, 1x DELL SE2216H HD monitor, EDIUS 8, 9 and X

Comment

Originally posted by GraadCias View Post

Yes, that's possible. Ungroup the footage on the timeline by ALT-G and then via ALT-E only slow down or speed up the footage and leave the audio track untouched.
                he means while scrubbing the timeline in order to edit faster

it is not possible
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
                X