Trasitions free no work!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trasitions free no work!!!!!!

Hi, I found this tutorial and I downloaded the free, unpacked and set transitions on ediusx, but I can't get them to work, I don't understand how he does it in the tutorial.
    I place a transition on top of a video clip in the timeline but it doesn't work as it should, I saw that he has put something in the timeline on a higher track, but what? and where did he find it?
    Can anyone help me?
    thanks.

https://youtu.be/tR4qwYozvLI
    Edius pro X -W10 pro -Lumix fz 1000-I7 10700 8 core-RAM 64 gb 2666 Mhz-GTX1660 super 6gb-

Based on that video, the upper track 3 is a video in the track with a track matte effect in the mix portion of the clip. This essentially blends the upper track 3 with the transitions in track 2, allowing the transition to then reveal track 1
    Edius WG 9.54.6706, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

The best transitions are no transitions but well timed cuts and the occasional dissolve to indicate a change in time

I nearly threw up when watching that video
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        The best transitions are no transitions but well timed cuts and the occasional dissolve to indicate a change in time

Anton, I'd have to agree for the most part. Cut's and dissolves are what I use 99% of the time or more. The exception might be something different on a title or lower third where I might either wipe it in/out or push it in/out, but even that depends on the project and is not a given.

Watch a good movie or TV show and see how many times something else is used. Almost never. A good edit does not have to use eye candy to tell a story. A good edit should be almost invisible to the viewer, so they can get engaged in the story without distraction.
        Edius WG 9.54.6706, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Totally agree - well, maybe not totally! In my travelogues I use simple dissolves between most scenes to visually "smooth out" the sights and happenings from one location and scene to the next. Nothing fancy, just dissolves from one to the other - mostly 1 sec. long, but 1 1/2 sec dissolves between the many art museum artifacts and artworks. Along with the classical music accompaniment it makes for a visual and aural smoothness. Except if the scene or scenes are contiguous, then a simple cut is best. Many might argue this point, as Anton points out above, but that's what makes horse races. Anton, I do hope I didn't make you throw up. It's so very messy!
          Alan J. Levi
          Director

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

Sorry, I'll just throw all those transitions in the trash.
            thanks.
            Edius pro X -W10 pro -Lumix fz 1000-I7 10700 8 core-RAM 64 gb 2666 Mhz-GTX1660 super 6gb-

Comment

Originally posted by BernH View Post
              Based on that video, the upper track 3 is a video in the track with a track matte effect in the mix portion of the clip. This essentially blends the upper track 3 with the transitions in track 2, allowing the transition to then reveal track 1

Thanks for your advice, but I'll throw them in the bin.

Comment

I wouldn't do away with all of them. Go through and pick out 'tasteful' transitions. Tasteful will be defined differently in each country.
                Save these for title/lower third entry and exit animations.

Less is more.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  I wouldn't do away with all of them. Go through and pick out 'tasteful' transitions. Tasteful will be defined differently in each country.
                  Save these for title/lower third entry and exit animations.

Less is more.
                  Jerry does raise a valid point. Things like those transitions can indeed have their uses, but sparse and tasteful use is the key. As I said, I tend to reserve things like those, or page turns and other things besides cuts and dissolves for titles, lower thirds, opening title sequences, etc., and even then, only if the edit requires those things to be more lively. The don't generally get used for transitions in the main content, as they can tend to detract from the story or break the concentration and engagement of the viewer.

I have quite a few things like it in my tool box, but they are tools that are not pulled out often.

I don't profess to be a world class editor, but I grew up in a household where my father did production and introduced me to linear editing 40 years ago. I have also been a system builder, seller, repair and trainer of various NLE systems and currently work at a post production house. The one thing I have taken away from the last 40 years of doing this, is that usually a junior or novice editor that wants to edit and enjoys editing will tend to rely on the eye candy initially, but as they become more comfortable with their tools and their skill to tell a story without these kinds of things, the use of them will often lessen. You don't have to throw these tools out, just learn when to use them and when not to use them, and above all, continue to develop your skill so that you don't have to rely on them to keep your story visually eye catching.

I think the biggest driver that makes a more novice editor want to use these things is that they tend to leave their shots on screen too long with very little visual content that moves the story along. Try to keep your edits from lingering on things that don't move the story, and cuts and dissolves will suffice 99% of the time.
                  Last edited by BernH; 01-23-2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Well said, Bern. Sounds like you ARE a world class editor!
                    Alan J. Levi
                    Director

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

Comment

Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
                      Well said, Bern. Sounds like you ARE a world class editor!
                      Thanks Alan. That is high praise coming from someone with your experience. Very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladiciu View Post

Thanks for your advice, but I'll throw them in the bin.

Thanks for your advice

Comment

Working...
                        X