DV Capture crashing on legacy 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV Capture crashing on legacy 6.5

This started a few weeks ago and I have not been able to pin point the problem and not sure where else to look.
    A legacy sytem running Win 7 64bit with NX Card with last version of 6.5 suddenly started crashing during DV Captures. Over the past 10 months this system would have handled 700+ digital captures DV/DVCam and Digital 8.
    ***The problem does not happen with analogue capture.
    Made New User and DV capture profiles.
    The system has drive caddies for both C and video drives.
    ***If I swap caddies and use 4.6 running on XP, everything is fine which rules out hardware.
    The Ghosted 6.5 drive had a Windows update, before I tried it and that is crashing too
    Video drives are swapable so that is not a problem either.
    Could this be a Windows 7 update ?

Crash Message:
    Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: EDIUS.exe
    Application Version: 7.0.5.451
    Application Timestamp: 52270e44
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_0461
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.24545
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5e0eb751
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ceaeb
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0461
    Additional Information 2: 04612ea7568d5529b6fd373df961f46c
    Additional Information 3: 6d78
    Additional Information 4: 6d783e026e72c175f829e1ed40ea92a8

Crash report attached.
    HELP...The Southern Comfort has all gone.
    Attached Files

Are you using the old Canopus "DVCapture" utility with the NX?
    Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
    #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
    #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
      Are you using the old Canopus "DVCapture" utility with the NX?
      No Capturing from 6.5

Comment

Possibly a compatibility issue with Win7? In your Windows Programs listings, were there any recent installations of Win updates?

You could try to install the old Canopus DVCapture Utility to see if that works with your current installation of WIn7.
        Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
        #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
        #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post

No Capturing from 6.5
          do you see any issues in device manager to cause a missing driver device?
          are you capturing via the DV port on the NX card or via a dedicated DV card?
          I would remove CCleaner and AVG anti virus

Anton-01036.png
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

do you see any issues in device manager to cause a missing driver device?
            are you capturing via the DV port on the NX card or via a dedicated DV card?
            I would remove CCleaner and AVG anti virus

Anton-01036.png
            I'm capturing via the NX Card DV port.
            I cannot find any driver issues...but I cant always find my car keys!!! There is one unknown device in Other Devices which I have now disabled.
            I think I put CCleaner and AVG on that drive when the problem started.
            This morning I went back to a Ghost from beginning of December (no CCleaner and AVG) and rolled back the Win 7 updates.
            I'm trying to remember why I even ran the Win7 updates when NOTHING WAS BROKEN.

So far 55mins of capture and no crashes but no real explanation...squeaky bum time!

Comment

that is good, avoid any further Win7 updates
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

that is good, avoid any further Win7 updates
                Alas...6 hours of captures and then a crash (Edius not W7) another 2 hours without a problem and then late last night another one. Switched off PC opened early this morning - 30 mins and another crash. Other than switching to E4.6 caddy, out of ideas.

Comment

simple fix

get a $30 firewire 400 card with TI or VIA chip and the issue is solved

the NX or SP DV capture was never perfect with later versions of EDIUS, they were perfect with Win XP and EDIUS5 or earlier
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

simple fix

get a $30 firewire 400 card with TI or VIA chip and the issue is solved

the NX or SP DV capture was never perfect with later versions of EDIUS, they were perfect with Win XP and EDIUS5 or earlier
                    Yes I think you are right. I must have one from an old system in the loft. In fact there is a 1394 6pin on the back of the Audigy 2zs soundcard. I stopped using it for reasons I cannot remember. It's just weird that this started happening for no reason I can pin point. Some of us can remember using Storm DV and Premiere when it would suddenly vapourise in a whoosh back to the desktop.

Comment

Working...
                    X